Two questions, different subjects

Firecube:
First, anyone know of a way to remove Amazon installed apps on their Firecubes?

Tivimate:
Second, is there a way to hit select once to go right into the full screen of a channel while surfing the guide? Currently, I have to hit select twice to do this.

No you cannot remove embedded Amazon Apps (FireTV)
Not sure with the second question what you’re asking. What “Guide” are you surfing?

Sorry, it’s the EPG.

2 Likes

EPG in what app? If in Tivimate then I have “preview” active. Turn that off and it auto starts in full screen.
Settings>appearance>TV Guide>Preview (on or off)

2 Likes

That was it, thank you!

1 Like

One more question, if you don’t mind…

Is there an easy way to exit the Tivemate app? Right now, I’m pressing “back” repeatedly to get out and with doing that, the app stays alive and doesn’t truly shut down.

1 Like

Hit your home button and it will take a second for audio to fully quit. But will take you to your home screen.

2 Likes

Once these programs are started they will remain running in the background. Clicking the home button on the remote will take you out of Tivimate and back to the home screen. Tivi will stop playing once the buffer is used up. To ensure the app is cleared you can use “background apps and process list.” to force close Tivi and clear cache, along with what ever other apps are running, also " Fast Task Killer" will free up your RAM for smoother playback.

1 Like

hey tad…

U can also use the Remote settings in Tivimate to designate any button u want to Exit

hth…

2 Likes

Great option(s). Thank you!

1 Like

While in full screen press your Select button to bring up the bottom menu and then you can scroll over to exit.

Personally, I just click the back button until I’m out. When I shutdown the TV I always first go through the Background Apps and process Lists app and force close and clear cache for all apps running,

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.