TV antenna marketing gets ever more sleazy

TV antenna marketing gets ever more sleazy | TechHive

You’d need to be a Flat Earth enthusiast to think any UHF or VHF signal is going to give you a decent reception past 75 odd miles :joy::joy:

2 Likes

It sure is unrealistic. A number of years ago I went out and purchased a few antenna’s mainly for testing but specifically for tying to get the Superbowl game from the USA and not my cable company. I went through a few ones and then strangely enough one of the cheapest ones out there, was the best for me. That being said, the place that it is mounted is terrible and points between two homes. The line of sight is terrible but I was not interested in putting it on the roof. Long story short, on a good day I got in 36 digital channels from both Canada and the USA. It helps living across the lake from there. Not a bad investment for $13.

I bought one and I’m getting channels on Mars :laughing::laughing::grin::+1::v:

1 Like

I’ve tried many “digital” flat antennas (including Mohu, etc). None of them worked worth sh__. Typically you need a multi-element Yagi for long distance directional reception and a multibay bowtie for multi-directional channel reception. And antenna amplifiers rarely help - usually make things worse.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.