True HD DTS Dolby etc

Hello,
Has anyone come across any streaming APP that plays back in true full cinema HD such as DTS Dolby etc.
APPS such as Netflix, Prime etc. do so.
I stream through Fire 4K, and then feed thru an AVR and enjoy the full theater experience.

Those paid apps do, so if you have the right hookup and setup those apps should detect it and play it just fine…

Kodi, syncler and stremio do as well but you need to play the right link that supports those codecs. They would need to be uploaded and uaslly say in the description.

You’re out of luck my friend. None of the Amazon fire devices can pass through TrueHD. Unless the brand new cube does. Haven’t looked into it. But I know the 4K stick does not. That’s why I have a Shield Pro.

If you get a new device that supports it hit me up. I can tell you everything you need to know about getting your devices and Kodi setup to play TrueHD streams.

3 Likes

Ahh i forgot about that. Sorry to mislead you @MelDawg the sticks dont have that capability. Thanks @Jayhawks659

1 Like

Hi MelDawg

You will get 5.1/atmos/dtx/dd/dd+/ content on prime/netflix/disney etc. Firestick 4k does stream those formats on some apps but all depends on your setup. (Go into display settings on 4k stick and run video/audio diagnosis to see what u can stream.
I went TrueHD recenty and you will find most 2022 model TVs have eArc ports passthtough etc to make it easier. I only use True for bluerays and high end content directly. Streaming is not cut out for high end and you will find that a lot of streaming content links dont carry what they say the do when you play them.

So before you play/downlod take a look at the “video/audio” information first.

As Jayhawks659 depends on your setup

Hope that helps you out.

3 Likes

Thanks, this is more or less the answer I was expecting.
As for the 4K fire. it does pass through what it is given. When I play the Bell Fibe APP (similar to Comcast or Verizon etc.) and watch a hockey game I do hear the puck whizzing around my head. Same when I play any other official APP such as BBC etc.
There is nothing magic about the setup HDMI into the fire and off you go.
Sure in Netflix you can play around with audio.
But I have not seen any APP where you can pay around with audio settings.
For older movies I go to BluRay and life is good. But I have not been buying and videos lately.
For me the TV is 100% a monitor

But it doesn’t. I assure you it doesn’t play TrueHD. But DD+ is still really good. Whatever floats your boat. You can definitely be particular about audio settings in Kodi. But if you feel you’re good with what you’ve got then there was no need to ask the question :man_shrugging:t2:

P.S. the cube 3 does support TrueHD

you got to get a shield for premium sound

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.