True Cost of Real Debrid

At $2.50/month, it is one of the best deals out there for improving your streaming experience. It makes a huge difference IMHO.

3 Likes

Yeah it’s a No Brainer. I renew my sub every 6 months and don’t even think about it

2 Likes

So you get solid 4k streams (i get from 50-100 mbps with vpn on) with RD? Stremio? Film Plus? Not talking about downloads.

4 Likes

Yes if there are 4K streams that’s what I’ll choose. Not every show has 4K but more and more do.

4 Likes

Question when you purchase RD should it be under a real account? Also how do you purchase crypto currency? Im a little worried after reading some on here that i should have signed up differently? trying to learn :flushed: i subscribed through 4/23 and now that im having to authorize sign in on different apps im thinking my info is vulnerable, it shows email account!
What should i do to fix this or does it need fixed?

2 Likes

It is highly recommended to be as anonymous as possible with most that we do. In fact, it really isnt a bad lesson to know more about security, setting up more anonymous email accounts, using masked credit cards and/or bitcoin, where applicable, etc. Some people don’t though, and i’m sure are fine. I still think it is a good thing to know and use, especially in the cord cutting world where we make a few purchases from more unverified sources.

1 Like

I’ve been renewing my RD sub for many many years using my real name, email, and credit card. No issues, worries, or concerns. But then again until I came to this site never realized how many Nervous Nellies are out there. So you do what is right for YOU

3 Likes

Ty this is helpful, i had intended to do some more reading on links you provided, this makes it easier to figure out! I guess i am getting paranoid as i find out how much im enjoying this and now im like a sponge wanting to learn and do more!
Ty for the links!

2 Likes

Thanks, i was wonderful if i was the only one that did this :laughing: Then the more i go to authorize and use RD im getting nervouse! Thanks for reply makes me feel somewhat better about my real account!

You can’t be too cautious but RD has a long history of business (always a good sign) and plenty of big corporate customers evidently with server needs, etc.

I pay them with my Capital One Visa that allows you to use virtual CC numbers, instead of the one printed on your card. I try to do that will any and all online purchases because it is a PITA when a crook steals your number and the CC company has to cancel the card and reissue another one. With the virtual number you just delete it and create a new one. No need to get a new Card.

The thing about any CC is you usually have to give the vendor your real name and address, so that it matches, or the CC company will not make the payment.

I also use Proton mail with an anonymous email address.

I’ve just recently started using crypto where appropriate. It is a another PITA to learn but I think worth it. I use Coinbase and have figured out how to minimize the extra costs crypto imposes on transactions (tip:use advanced trading).

Also I can send money to Coinbase in a day. Convert only what I need at the time to BTC and leave the rest as cash balance. That is if I don’t want to have to sweat out the large fluctuations in BTCs value. Or if I feel like gambling. “Let it Ride”! :money_mouth_face:

That was a great comedy movie with Richard Dryfuss! :rofl:

3 Likes

Great tips, now i just need to get’r done! Jumping in and going to give it a go! Not real sure how the fidelity points work just yet i did look and have 450 but im new to RD so ill figure it out!
Ive just been fooling with all this for years now and decided i really need to start learning what im doing here and make it work. I like it, can be addicting spending time researching and finding new things. Next thing you know hrs went by lol.
Thankful for troypoint and all the people here, never feel like my questions are stupid, am very comfortable…trust what is being said. Ty

3 Likes

I too spaced out on my points. With my 2100 points I now have 60 more days with 100 points in the ‘bank’ still. Thanks for the post and the wake up call!

1 Like

Nice one Quincy just got my 30 days!

1 Like

Fidelity Points are awesome, I’ve had many free months over the years :+1: :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank for the info i cash in on my points did not knnow about​:+1::+1:

1 Like

Thanks, forgot about those points, converting now…:+1:

1 Like

Thanks I had no idea about Fidelity points. Had over 7,000 pts added 7 months to my subscription. :call_me_hand:t3:

1 Like

That makes you the leader in the club house!

1 Like

I’m saving my points so i can get the toaster oven…

With everyone finding for the first time and those who have forgotten about redeeming fidelity points RD has to be seeing a drop in short-term revenue because of this topic being posted!

5 Likes