Troypont App disappeared from Nvidia shield

Does anyone have any idea why or how the Troy point app disappeared from my Nvidia shield? Along with smart YouTube tv, Bro browser and downloader browser plugin.

@Philh

Try doing that first. That might be why.

3 Likes

You got my wheels spinning so I checked mine this morning and it’s still there. Lol

It’s probably only a matter of time before you loose apps too . Turning off play protect is the best way to stop it till they figure out a different way to stop us from putting what we want on our devices just my opinion. Stream on enjoy

1 Like

Thanks. I may have already done that, but going to check when I get home. I’m old and don’t remember. Lol

A few days ago I had this happen and so far I am not sure how it took place as my shield is locked down as best it can be while having internet access. My Troypoint Kodi install and my Doomzday build sit side by side on the screen and I decided to check out the Troy Kodi app where I had about 3 add ons installed and all were gone and nothing was there just the original blank kodi :face_with_raised_eyebrow:… So I went over to the doomzday build to check it…same thing. An empty non build now or a blank kodi. So I now had 2 kodis with nothing on them. Puzzling at best and I use kodi the least it really didnt upset me too much but I have not figured out how this took place. Play protect was disabled as soon as I plugged the box in. If I had to guess I would say they “zapped” me on the occasional google play log in.

1 Like

This happened to me also & had me scratching my head.

This is really good advice especially for those of us who run a Shield.
Google seems determined to invade privately purchased devices without authorization.

@JSRFrench

They are, they are paid off by big elites abd telecommunications company’s to ensure we don’t access “illgeal” activities. They have blacklists abs such to make it so we can’t have access to non google apps. They now use a program that’s disguised as a anti virus or something to check bad apps and vulnerable apks but as soon as you sign in and it’s turned on it wipes your box of these apps like a anti virus saying this is bad when really a false positive. It’s there attack on these apps that allow you to cut the cord. Simply don’t use play protect

Play protect isn’t helping you. These apps are not malicious, you can use other programs to scan them

3 Likes

Completely agree with you. I inspect all apps using DefSquid & an Anti-Virus prior to using them. I just did not previously realize that Google was killing apps during updates & with live access to PlayStore.
I highly recommend people install a app named DefSquid & run its virus program. There are definitely apps which you download which do carry malicious or AD based “Mods” on them that WILL slow down your processor speeds & streaming. Delete these programs even if they are your personal favorites. You will discover that if you download from the Developer site a NOT Mod app which generally has ads built in, your device will run better.
1 Real Clue:
IPVanish using the Wireguard Protocol will also run simultaneously Ad Guard. Trick to doing this is start IPVanish 1st, then click on Ad Guard to Enable Protection. They will both run together. In the IPVanish settings in Split Tunneling - place a checkmark next to Ad Guard. In Ad Guard Apps Management close (set to red) IPVanish.

4 Likes

This is also happinning to me in Kodi on my Nvidia Sheild . All of my apps will noy stay installed . After a day or two they disappear . Someting is uninstalling them . As of now it’s still a mystery to me .

1 Like

@scooterboy952

Disable play protect.

Also it’s possible as the unit updates that could make stuff uninstall especially if it’s a major update.

1 Like

I have disabled play proect . It didn’t do any good .

1 Like

@scooterboy952

It’s got to be something els then, an anti virus or malaware program, or simply the update. Something is taking them away.

Funny, off topic though…I tried but failed to get Google to stop updating the Google app on my Samsung phone. I read many posts, forums and articles. This seems to be a common problem. Google can push updates no matter what you do to block them. I like to use the original speech-to-text feature. Almost every day I uninstall Google updates so I can dictate letters and notes more accurately. I could try another application but this is more of a game to me. It’s one of those things I am determined to figure out without rooting the phone.

That method is no longer available since the new update.

@Powerfader

Yea, I saw that. It looks like they took away this option. Which isn’t good.

Is there a unknown apps function? Off on? Run defsquid app.

@Philh
@scooterboy952

1 Like

Google and the other biggies will push whatever they want rather you liker it or not and its in the tos fine print. Its one reason I am thinking of going rooted in order to change my mac address. I already do this on my computer and phone.

2 Likes

Yes, there is an allow unknown sources in the Security & Restriction folder. Saw nothing in Developer Options.

@Powerfader

But they took away the option to disable play protect? Sorry I read the guide but don’t have a shield. My box has what you mentioned at that’s it.

1 Like