Troypoint toolbox"Unknown error"

Hello,
I am using nvidia shield box, using IPvanish, I have troypoint toolbox saved in Downloader favorites. So when I attempt to download anything from within the toolbox, I get the error “An unknown error has occurred. Check your URL and connection”
I have tried different apps to download within the toolbox and I get the same errors.
What am I doing wrong?
thanks in advance!

I have The Shield pro. There are some things like mx pro that gives me errors but not much else. Have you enabled "install from unknown sources? settings>apps>Security & restrictions>Downloader>allowed.

Yes all my apps have allowed from Unknown sources.

Well I’m lost as I use a Shield and have no issues. Sorry I couldn’t help. I use Proton VPN with a server in Dallas.

I dont think its a VPN issue since I dont have an issue with an other apps.

Ya I doubt it as well, but thought I’d throw it out there. I can’t duplicate your issue on my Shield unfortunately.

Turn off vpn and try again.

Same error message with VPN off.

Have you tried changing the toolbox address saved in your favorites to something different? The shortcut you have may not be forwarding properly. Try to use this address and see if it works for you.

:point_right: https://toolbox.troypoint.com/

1 Like

I think I figured it out, I had vers. 1.4.1 of Downloader, I uninstalled then reinstalled and now its vers 1.4.4, everything seems to be working fine now.

1 Like

My firestick does not let me put the Troy point toolbox no matter what Ive tried. It doesn’t even let me bring up the Troy point website :weary: So frustrated any suggestions? It’s one of the newer firesticks if that helps

Open downloader and put in the link TROYPOINT Toolbox you can’t install it just opens with a browser. Welcome to the Community

Does it matter if you have apple products? My niece is the one struggling to get the toolbox on her firestick. The toolbox won’t load at all. I was able to get mine up and running and since she is in another state it’s hard to help her figure it out. She is unable to watch the videos on how to set it up. Any suggestions?

Tell her to use the Silk browser on the Firestick and go to
(TROYPOINT Toolbox) Less the brackets.

1 Like

That’s the ticket!

Hi, I tried to down the MX player Onto the fire stick from the Troypoint toolbox and it says an unknown error has occurred. Has anybody else received this type of message
Thank you