TROYPOINT App with Rapid App Installer Updated

Thanks
Had the same problem getting the url for Troy’s Rapid App installer.
This time I am not going to delete the apk from the system and then I will ftp to my computer for future use.

1 Like

Thank you very much.

Will be using on my new box.

:star_struck:

1 Like

I wanted to update cinema but it wasn’t in Troypoint rapid app installer; I reinstalled rapid app installer but cinema still not there. I found & followed the video for apk installation but I’m just wondering why it’s not in the rapid installer app even tho the cinema apk video says it is??

3 Likes

Is the 5.0.0 version the most current version now? October 16, 2021

3 Likes
3 Likes

Hello @Blueyes1st first off, thanks for being a Patron!! Much appreciated. I explain here why apps such as Cinema are no longer available in RAI - Cinemar HD not in Troypoint app st

1 Like

I applied to get the app this morning but have had problems getting it.
Firstly, the tutorial video wouldn’t play on my Android TV box so I watched it on my mobile.
The shortened URL noted above the video gets an error message in Downloader saying it doesn’t exist.

2 Likes

The note above the video is for the Unlinked App that I also cover in the video. The url for Downloader is troypoint.com/tpapp

3 Likes

Morning all…

So the new RAI version…
Is 5.0.7…correct?

(cuz thats what mine says)

3 Likes

@Sketch

Should be the right version.

3 Likes

Yep, my bad. I read the " Code in video is no longer working" note and got as far as the Downloader section of the video with that still in my mind.
I’ve been avoiding the “Linked” apps since the change to the first and the security warnings for AppLinked.

4 Likes

I wish Troypoint would add an update button on his app. I had the 5.0.0 version so I had to go to Downloader and type in the TP address for his RAI and then download the update. Not a big issue. Just would like to have an update feature added for convenience. Anyway, I now have the 5.0.7 version. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Why is the Downloader app not available on the Rapid App Installer?

2 Likes

It doesn’t belong to Troy point, and it is easily gotten from Amazon.

1 Like

I thought Troypoint bought Downloader awhile back?

2 Likes

He returned it to ATV from what I remember.

1 Like

The browser plugin is there.

Also if you go to apk installer you can type in the url there and install from the app.

3 Likes

Oh, didn’t know that. I was following one of his vids this morning on how to get Google Play Android apps on a Nvidia and had to jump through some hoops to get downloader on my phone so I could get the RAI on my phone. All-in-all, it was an interesting process, but not sure if I would use that method of putting Google play android apps onto my Nvidia.

I first tried using Google Play on my phone and the Downloader app was not there. Then I did a search in Chrome and found it, but when I clicked on Google Play site to download this is what came up. I finally got via a 3rd party site.

Why is Google making it difficult?

3 Likes

I don’t own any Amazon devices. But I was trying to get Downloader on my phone so I could get the RAI on my phone. Apparently Google play is a no go for Downloader.

Google hates Amazon and they’re having a huge spat. I even read a rumor that said Google will be removing youtube on Roku devices. These two giants don’t care about our convenience.

2 Likes