Troypoint app fails continuously

Yes i did, but willing to try again.

Give my solution a try as well. Easy to do and has worked for some. As always ymmv.

Well, damn. Failed again. I just uninstalled the app, restarted stick, went to Downloader (Home) typed in http://troypoint.com/tpapp. App downloaded, installed. As stated before I wasnā€™t able to see this screen.

Did you try what I suggested?

1 Like

I donā€™t have a VPNā€¦ I doubt that is the key to resolving this issue, i know 2 others that it works for w/o a VPN.

I tested on my pc, firestick and phone and works fine. Im not sure whats happening but i cant replicate the issue abd the rai is working along with the downloader.

In case you missed this nugget of info. I first tried with a 2 yr old Stick. This is where the issue started, uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times along with resetting to factory default. Installed Downloader and TP. After failing several times, i purchased a new Stick and have been trying for almost 2 weeks. No matter when & how i try to install, it always fails.
I still canā€™t comprehend the error message and itā€™s meaning. Iā€™ll post it and the screen iā€™ve yet to see while trying to install.

Yes, i know i saw the error. Its not common and its not happening anywhere els so im not sure.

Yes thatā€™s true, but they already have it installed and you donā€™t. I know a number of ppl who successfully succeeded in installing the app once they installed a VPN and then connected to a U.S. server. But all good, there are free VPNs if itā€™s about the money. You asked for solutions and I provided one I know works, but keep trying and let us know if you resolved this. Good luck. btw I had exactly the same issue on a brand new U.S. 4K Max, and managed to fix it with the method I described.

To be fair, there is other solutions where a vpn turned off solved this and a vpn connected to a us server has solved this.

Im unsure why a geo restriction would be set on installing this app, its not us only app for US residents. But it trying a vpn @JohnBaker isnt a bad idea connected to a us server. If you are already a us resident your stick should be geo locked to usa.

1 Like

Hey everyone, a little update, i asked a friend to help me do some troubleshooting on my FS. He plugged it into his TV and everything worked just like it should, So i took it back home and plugged into my desktop monitor which is right next to my modem/ router combo(Arris) Everything started working as it should. Then i called the Arris to see if there was a setting that needed to be change and they had no answer.
I tried plugging it into the TV next to my range extender, original location, again and that where the problem is.
Has anyone heard anything about loss of data between routers and extender?? It is hard wired in via cat5.

Thanks.