Trouble with vpn

When I use Stremio my SS vpn kill switch didn’t work. When I closed out I checked my vpn status and it was just reconnecting. It was on when I first opened the app. Is this a torrent problem or the vpn? I’m very new using the torrent technology any help would be appreciated!

1 Like

Check all the vpn settings and yes with torrenting its a must. If the issue persist I would suggest un-installing surfshark and downloading a copy from them directly. https://downloads.surfshark.com/android/Surfshark.apk

2 Likes

:point_up::point_up:What he said​:point_up::point_up:Don’t run without it, especially torrents

1 Like

Will this link be good for fire tv?

How do I make sure I have the right settings?

1 Like

Not sure about firetv, get it from the amazon store to be safe

1 Like

You just need to dig around and make sure everthing looks right. Kill switch should do just that. If you are watching tv and vpn goes down tv will stop quick.

1 Like

Is there a way to see any damage from an unprotected vpn using torrents?

1 Like

usually thats a knock on your door or a certified letter :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

And while I run the privacy dot, I think it was Ron that pointed out that it was operating correctly even if it stayed green when the kill switch engaged.

This situation could also be that the kill switch engaged and you still had the last of your movie still in the cache/buffer, so that the last 30 seconds (or however long) still played even though the kill switch had killed the internet signal.

So it could be coincidence that the vpn restarted at the same time I turned off the app? Or does the restart not happen until cache is finished?

1 Like

The kill switch will literally kill the connection if the vpn is off and nothing will work. To test things you might install the privacy dot to be sure the vpn is active and turn off the kill switch. If all looks good then try the kill switch again and see what happns.

1 Like

Do you have “Auto-connect” enabled? If so, that could be why when you closed out and checked your status you were reconnecting. Try disabling that feature and see if the issue persists.

1 Like

It seems unlikely in your situation, but I have literally had the movie run for seconds after the kill switch cut off the internet. Yes, turn off auto connect. Either way you should still be protected.

Thank you all for your help! I reloaded Surfshark. I got a message at the bottom of the screen saying Stremio offline? It kept running though. Any thoughts?
I will turn off auto reconnect!

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.