Trakt Update: Impact on Kodi

As stated before, some add-ons rely on information from Trakt regardless of whether you link your personal account or not. Don’t go ditching your builds or your add-ons yet. It looks like it should be fixed next week.

7 Likes

3 Likes

Going to wait to connect to Trakt till next week - only having it show TV Show progress to Nov 7th won’t help any - especially since I have weekly shows I watch. I’ll stick with manually searching via Homelander till they are up to date. Besides, Homelander now placing check marks beside watched episodes reappeared when I reinstalled new build of KODI - haven’t see that in almost 2 years - a very pleasant surprise!!

1 Like

The search function in the crew started working for me again. Still can’t see trending movies or shows though.

Will this be affecting kodi addons as well. I’ve been using Seren on an android box to watch TV series – mostly without any trouble for the past year. But a week ago Seren started to slow down and yesterday quit connecting to sources completely. Today I removed Kodi 19.2 and installed 4 different new addons, from Troy;s current list. They all had similar problems and I haven’t been able to connect with a single episode of anything. Is there something else causing this breakdown?

1 Like

Yes, with Trakt scrobbling and the api being affected it is screwing with kodi’s search in most groups.

3 Likes

No, as in yes, it is effected :man_facepalming:t2: Many posts on this already.

1 Like

Trakt API will not be available till “next week” per their Twitter.

4 Likes

Very good… That’s what the picture at the beginning of this post says.

1 Like

I’ve just noticed that Promise and Homelander come up with the error notice " trakt 503" when searching for a movie, yet it didn’t happen before.?

1 Like

Yeah same with me, getting that error when using Homelander. Though Trakt seems to be back up, I can’t authorise anything. I’ll wait a few days, try again & if I still can’t reauthorise my account, I’ll drop Trakt since RD is again (finally) placing a check mark beside watched episodes since I blew up KODI & installed a new build. As well I make up a weekly watch list so I have 2 ways of checking where I’ve left off.

1 Like

Who told you it was back up? You guys need to read and pay attention. The website is back up but the API (which Kodi uses) is not. Just be patient.

3 Likes

Trakt working for me today

It’s still brining up error 503 on Promise and Homelander, so it’s not fixed yet…

Yes just tried it now and it’s working no errors.,:blush:

Should be up and running now.

2 Likes

Trakt up for me tonight

2 Likes

Yes, Trakt is up but the progress status is behind as per their updates. Mine is around 2 months behind. It may, over the next week or so, show correct progress status - but, unfortunately, it might not be able to be updated correctly, again as per what it says on Trakt website.

1 Like

Idk why we keep discussing it. They said they did a backup from November. Anything more recent than that you probably won’t get back.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.