Torrentio Not Available

So I decided to try loading up Stremio, only to find the Torrentio add on not available in the community files on Stremio… is this something I need to sideload now? Using a firestick, no Kodi. Anyone have any advice?

Thats odd. It’s in mine. What version do you have? It’s one of my best sources.

Version 1.4.4 download from troypoint and installed with the rapid installer.

*small rant here
The amount of hoops to get this installed is reminding me of my raspberry pi days. :rofl:

Ya it is a tad tedious, similar to kodi and all the hoops you have to jump through just to get add ons working.

Sorry I took so long to reply. I checked and have the same version you have and both torrentio lite and torrentio are in my “all” addon list.

1 Like

Can anyone help me with this? I have installed Stremio 1.4.5 and no torrentio exist to add on. I am using a fire stick

1 Like

I literally just installed Stremio with Torrentio Lite, Real Debrid (RD) setup yesterday. One on a 4k Max and one on a Chromecast with Google TV. When you do the RD version it prompts and installs Torrentio as part of the process. But before I did that I did a search for Torrentio and saw the Lite version and some other foreign version.

It’s important that you do the guest login. Not following the very first few steps of clicking not now, login, followed by guest login all may be leading to why you can’t see the add ons.

Go back to the beginning and make sure that you didn’t miss those. You don’t have to fully uninstall and reinstall. Just go to applications, manage installed applications, the delete the cache and app data. Then when you reopen the app it’ll be like starting new.

Hopefully that helps because I can’t imagine why else it wouldn’t work.

1 Like

I was guest log in and was following Troypoint instructions to install Torrentio with Stremio. It literally is not there to install. It was just there a week ago but filling instructions to the letter and when you get to Addons Torrentio Lite is there but no Torrentio and I was just using it 2 days ago

1 Like

Right. That’s what I’m saying. I guess I wasn’t clear.

Torrentio Lite appears to have replaced regular Torrentio. It works just fine and functions great.

It’s not like Troy at all to not be on top of updating his posts with the latest and greatest info. Especially for things from his Rapid App Installer Troypoint app.

But I promise you that the Lite version works fine. I’m not sure if there’s a noticeable difference or not since the Lite version is the only one I’ve ever used.

Add the word, “Lite”, to the back of where it says Torrentio for add-ons and the process works the exact same. Rather you use the RD version or not.

1 Like

One other thing that his tutorial didn’t specify was the Browser to use on the Firestick. Use the built in Silk browser. It’ll be labeled as, “Internet”, from your app menu. But again, this is only required if you want to use the RD version, which I HIGHLY recommend.

In my personal opinion, RD is a must for any serious cord cutter. But that’s just my 2 cents.

I have used RD for 2 years and I agree and I am using the downloader as this is not on a smart TVs… just my firestick

1 Like

So then follow the RD portion of Troy’s Stremio tutorial and know that it’ll be Torrentio Lite instead of regular Torrentio, but it works fine.

I could have sworn I thanked you for your help and found I had not! Thank you for your help!

1 Like

Hmmm that’s odd. I have the latest Stremio version and in the apps I have Torrentio, Torrentio Brazuca, and Torrentio lite. Brazuca is for Brazillian content so I didn’t load it. I pull sources from both torrentio versions but that maybe overkill. Imho better too many than not enough.v

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.