TiVo Temporarily Breaks Its Android TV Player

TiVo Temporarily Breaks Its Android TV Player – Review Geek

1 Like

I thought the way they ended the article was a bit funny, as if to say all Android devices are riddled with problems and they’re trying to dissuade you from buying a Shield. LOL

“If you’re experiencing problems with the TiVo Stream 4K, maybe it’s time to move on. But I want to be clear—all Android TV devices seem to be plagued by annoying bugs. Even the NVIDIA Shield, a very expensive product, likes to act up.”

1 Like

yea, like most paid authors and their agendas. When I see a story like our top streaming device picks of the year are…and then at the top is a roku or firestick… they have lost my attention for anything else they have to say :crazy_face:

4 Likes

Agree. That’s when you know they have no hands-on experience with the product they are writing about. It’s like a person who has used nothing but iPhones their whole life giving a critique about Android phones and why iPhones are superior. How do you know enough to give an opinion if you haven’t ever used one?

3 Likes

Exactly…Condemnation Prior to Investigation. Many of the “So-Called” and Self-Proclaimed Tech-Expert Writers practice this. I’m fortunate enough to be able to spot it, and as TXRon has stated, once I do, I’ve lost any desire to try and learn from what they have to say. I try to remember this idiom as a rule: “Experience is the Hardest Teacher - It gives us the Test First, then the Lesson Afterwards!”

3 Likes

Wow! You guys are absolutely right about the writer here. I just recently bought the TiVo 4K streamer and I like it. I know that the website was down maybe for maintenance to activate the device. That was unfortunate but I didn’t wait more than a day and it was back up
The remote control is completely better than any fire stick device control, and I’m in avid media device user. So these type of streamers have been biased against. Nevertheless, this is the first one that is open my eyes to something new. My opinion. Great device for $39.99

3 Likes