Tivimate Update Error

Tivimate Premium is set to auto-update. Noticed that the recent update has not been installed, so I tried to do it manually. I can’t get it to download, it just returns a parsing package error.
Anyone know of this, or a fix?

2 Likes

Is it a beta update? and are you set to beta?

Not a Beta update, not set to Beta. Its the new 4.4 version that won’t update.

Each attempt just displays this screen.

1 Like

Hey king.Do you have TiViMate set to allow installation from unknown sources?

I do, in the developer options. Is there a setting within Tivimate that I need to click ‘unknown sources’?

No not in TiVi itself, but with the latest updates on the stick you now have to enable unknown sources on an idividual app basis. I should have asked on what device. You could try Apk pure and use the downloader app and then see if after downloading you get the “would you like to install an update” popup.

3 Likes

Hey King, I did a backup to downloader first and then did install ,but you have to turn on unknown apps. So should have worked.

1 Like

Yes, its always been set for unknown sources within the developer options. Its a Firestick 4K Max with FireOS 7.2.7.9

1 Like

Same thing I’m using did it last night 4.3 to 4.4. Miki’s the expert. So hopefully he has a solution

1 Like

Ok so you went into the developer options and then clicked on TiViMate in the apps list to enable install from unknown sources? It’s no longer just one click for all apps.

2 Likes

Yup, tried that with no success.

Indeed! Tried the download from Rapid Installer too, downloaded okay, but didn’t install :thinking:

1 Like

Ok King. Try the apkpure link I sent and see what happens when you try it please. There is an ultimate solution and that is first to do a backup, then uninstall TiViMate and install the new version and then apply the backup, but I’ve never tried that myself on an update.

2 Likes

Ok if in fact you clicked tivimate in the install from uknown sources list, and tried the apkpure APK, then I think backup, uninstall, install version 4, then apply backup may be our only choice.

1 Like

Downloaded from APKPure…and it worked :grin: Cheers @Miki
Bizarre that even with all the correct settings and options, the App didn’t auto update or manually update within the App :sunglasses: Also the download with Rapid Installer did download 4.4 and installed but the App remained on 4.3 and no update was evident :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes