Tivimate [ Themes and Skins]

Looking for more effects like bleeds/fades and transitions etc. Even pic inserts and the like :+1:

1 Like

A Kodi skin is what I pictured in my head when he originally asked the question. It is a cool idea, but just not sure what is available out there. Maybe someone can create it and post here if it looks good and keeps all the functionality.

3 Likes

I went the url you posted, and these are some of the pics posted. Like I said, I donā€™t see any difference. Unless these are not the correct pics?

1 Like

Indeed! thatā€™s some of the pics and you can see a transition and light gradient across the blue background. :+1:

1 Like

Yeah, I think I see what you are referring to, but other than that mine looks exactly the same using the background colors he used.

Hey, whatever floats your bubble! If you like it and want it. Then go for it!

1 Like

Itā€™s simply about considering little improvements. I mentioned earlier in the thread why I was investigating what options may be out there. Probably a thread that some people may think is pointless, but hey ho! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I like the idea and would incorporate it if it had more features like adding your own background. Kinda like Wolf Launcher.

2 Likes

Picture backgrounds would be great! Subtle but a wee added feature that some folks may find pleasing on the eye :slightly_smiling_face:
Just another way to personalise things for your own taste etc :+1:

1 Like

You mean like this?

2 Likes

Yup! but my preference would be a graphic element rather than an actual photo or still picture. That example looks pretty busy and faded. Would probably look better with darker text etc.
You did this on Tivimate? If thatā€™s the case, itā€™s one step forward :smile:

1 Like

Thatā€™s TiViMate itself and is the actual channel pic in the background. Watching a channel in full screen you click enter and the bottom bar popup appears click the ā€œguideā€ and it opens with the channel running in the background.

1 Like

Ah! yes Iā€™ve seen that often, sometimes when changing channels. I donā€™t know why they donā€™t allow a feature that permits you to change default backgrounds, especially in the EPG. It would be awesome to customise each background and associate it with a playlist. Easy way to remind you [if needed] which playlist you are in. :+1:

1 Like

I suppose but Iā€™m adhd and imho an added background for a playlist epg would drive me crazy, causing me to continually focus on the backgound while trying to comb through my channel logos and read the channel info to find what I want. I love the simple grey background with white txt. Simple to read and simple to find info. Iā€™ve never been an eye candy type of guy.

4 Likes

Iā€™m just a Cussy Funt :rofl: :rofl: I see things and think, um how can I make that better? Most of the time you canā€™t or shouldnā€™t, but fun is in the messing around until yer brain pops and you realise you should have left it as is :smile: :sunglasses: :smile:

Oh I agree whole heartedly and I applaud your efforts. We did the same thing when Windows XP came out. By then a ton of ppl were writing reg keys and adding features. It was a blast. But now Iā€™m an old donkey that just wants it to work with as little effort as humanly possible. In this case I suspect the code is such that you canā€™t interface new features without that base code.

2 Likes

OTT Navigator with Sky wallpaper.

1 Like

That maybe what heā€™s looking for, very clean.

1 Like

Iā€™ll look into that! Cheers :+1:

2 Likes

Trouble is, I see the channels, now where is the guide info.