Tivimate recording is really tricky

Just fyi for those trying to record in TIVIMATE. The resulting TS file will not be watchable if the time sync is off. Time sync fails on the TS file if you get a drop in the stream connection for only even 1/2 a second. Some are having success playing the broken recorded TS file with MX PLAYER or VLC but that is random failure or success. You can also run the TS file through post process application on a PC to fix the time sync and convert to MP4 file.

Just making you aware of how to not think you have failed completely on a recording. You may just need to process it. Am using something called HANDBRAKE which is a free tool on the PC that converts to MP4 and fixes the time sync. Just more fyi.

3 Likes

TS file isn’t really an issue that I’ve encountered there are plenty of players that play these files fine at for me. Problem I get is turning a PC into a server so it doesn’t sleep and interrupt recordings when I record but I’ve mastered the SanDisk USB stick method for recording storage

1 Like

I have a dedicated android box with a samba server as my main way of recording files it also plays host to emby and channelsdvr. Emby and channels does most of the heavy lifting and samba just directs traffic(files). Tivimate is on my shield and the recordings there are directed to my other box into the same streaming folder. Ts and hls are irrevelent and always play.

2 Likes

So are you going to do a video on this set up? :thinking::thinking::thinking:

1 Like

nope, I dont do videos as theres plenty of info out there for samba and file storage.

I will say this. A main reason I purchased a ugoos box is the built in samba server. It just works with minimal setup on a local network. My ugoos host my emby and channels dvr client. Attached is my 8tb storage raid. All recordings basically are routed to a folder on that raid. Tivimate is on my shield and recordings there are routed thru the ugoos to the raid. All my viewing is on the shield. The ugoos just does the work.

1 Like

USB stick can work well for about an hour. Then you start bumping up against file size limits due to FAT32.

I’ve recorded probably 15-20 football games over the past season with an ONN that I added 64 GB adopted storage; the USB stick was formatted FAT 32, of course. The files were much larger than 4GB. (I only stored them 1 or 2 at aa time until I had a chance to watch them.)

Oh I never experienced that before that’s interesting :thinking:

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.