TiViMate questions

It’s how way the streaming’s work and I don’t understand it but I guess that’s how it is. Also if you have an IPTV provider sometimes they are very cheesy and how much bandwidth they give you and it’s not enough to record.

1 Like

Is there an IPTV player that he could use to just specifically record that would be more resilient to the issues that dooms Tivimate? I originally setup my Shield Pro to be able to record with a fast 500gb external SSD, but never really have used it. Tivimate is the best for most things, but is apparent it has shortcomings in this regard. If he continued to use Tivimate for live TV, maybe he could set up another box (or maybe the same stick) with a different IPTV player that doesnt have these issues?

1 Like

I purchased a Buzz “X5” about six months ago specifically to record.
It had the same issues, even worse. I gave up on it and went back to TVM.
Their(Buzz) claim to fame was the ability to pause live TV, for hours, if desired.
It worked until there was a clitch in the stream then the same old issues.
I have paused live TV with my TVM, and often it catches up and I lose the middle part.
Is that common? .

I think it all has to do with the compressed format (tranprt stream), its very fragile to corruption & failure

So u hv to limit the problms on yor end, mainly storage & strength of system

jmo: i feel u need 5-10g’s intrnl space to record more consistently, so yor device duznt get close to maxed out (its about a 1hr(fhd)-2g ratio giv or take) thats why a FS & a flashdrv arent optimal

Heres the rub:

hth…

1 Like

I wasn’t going to be home so I recorded curling. I was using Tivimate. I set the timer to record 2 hours and 45 minutes. The next curling started 1hour and fifteen minutes later so I set one up. The first recording worked but had all lot of video freezes and then repeat audio then would catch up. When I went to watch the second recording, I received a parse exception error which I dont understand. Both recordings were on tbe same channel. Why did the second one not work?

1 Like

Use SanDisk USB and format it to FAT32 and plug it in streaming device but don’t format again when the notification pop up on your device leave as is and it should show up in tivimate app when you’re configuring your recording settings

Thank you most_HATED_ON. I will try that.

@anon55492669 I forgot to say I was using a firestick 4k max. Which option do I use for the usb drive internal or external? I was thinking about partitioning it to use as both. What are you ideas?

Also with fat 32 recordings can’t exceed 4GB ea.

1 Like

When used as external storage, the USB drive can only be used to store and read data such as movies, files, music etc. You can build a local media library using a USB drive and watch your movies or listen to music offline this way. However, you can’t install Apps on to it, when the USB drive is used as external storage.

I used SanDisk USB stick when I was recording on tivimate

1 Like

I’ve recorded probably 8 or 9 football games that greatly exceeded 4 GB during the college FB season with the ONN and a 32 GB USB drive formatted (obviously) with FAT 32, fomatted using a Lnux MInt machine just clicking on ‘format disk’.

Any recording gltches that occurred were because of the service or IPVanish suddenly dropping the VPN connection.

Each one of your recordings exceeded 4GB? 9 football games of 4 GB each?

1 Like

I have a Buzz “X5” w hardwired internet w 256gb scandisk usb formatted as internal storage and 2 iptv providers with one connection each…i use one provider to record while i watch live tv on the other and i’ve never had a problem with recording? boxing,nba and nfl mostly?works geat and i delete after i watch
nvidia shield in the bedroom has tivimate to sort my providers and i transfer files to another usb drive and watch on it using vlc

works awesome for me and i’ve never missed any event i’ve wanted to watch

yes…by far, 8-12 GB.

I don’t keep them after I get the chance to watch them, I delete them & I don’t store more than one.
The times when I’ve had recording failures, it’s been one of those ‘1 minute’ deals.

So each football game is 8-12 GB in size? Yet another reason not to record. Not even the movies I watch are that big.

Yeah, they’re kind of large. 1080p with only H264 ccompession, you get the idea.

But the ONN with the 32 GB drive handles it.
If you’re recording movies, you’re not recording a live stream ‘broadcast’. You can find a lot of movies which don’t occupy so much data while retaining moe-than-decent video quality.

i guess i never paid attention to how big the files were ? 256GB 3.1 scandisk usb drive? i just erased after i watched? i’ll pay attention to that now and i’'l report back

I don’t record at all. Never saw the need. 32 GB drive you can only get 2 or 3 games. Be ok for playoffs if you need the games recorded. Why not get a larger drive?.

1 Like

Nah it doesn’t matter. I never record. Never saw the need. So it doesn’t really matter to me, unless you want it for your own knowledge.

1 Like