Tivimate purchase question

How can you buy the Tivimate companion when your phone is Apple and your PC is windows. The only Android advice I own is my FireCube. The Tivimate Premium is for the FireCube.

Not realistic to borrow an Android phone
Not realistic to buy a cheap Android phone and use once.
Not realistic to have to use a 25 step MacGyver system or side loading this or that.
Does anyone know a service that will buy something from the Google store for you?
Anybody know a simple solution?

@Elusive

You can buy tivimate on your pc…the companion app is just for using tivimate on multiple devices.

@Elusive I downloaded the android emulator BlueStacks & then downloaded the companion app from the Playstore. I have a google account & use android phones, so paid for my TiviMate that way…just did it because it was mentioned as a workaround if you didn’t have any android devices. Not sure if it’ll work for you to buy TiviMate, but it’s worth a shot. GL2U

5 Likes

Bluestacks 5 worked for me. I didn’t have an Android device handy either and setting up the Android emulator Bluestacks was just the ticket. I was able to install and run the Tivimate Companion app from which I was able to purchase Tivimate Premium.
Having Bluestacks also allows you manage your devices with the Tivimate Companion app more conveniently too. Being a longtime Windows PC user, it is my platform of choice and honestly I’ve never been real fond of Android as a computing platform so with Bluestacks I have the best of both worlds. The best part of all is that I was able to install an instance of Tivimate on my PC and watch TV there when I want.
As for buying Tivimate on your PC as suggested by TP-Dracoo, unless it’s an Android or Apple PC that is not going to be possible. Tivimate is an Android APK.
BTW the official Tivimate is not available from Google Play Store as far as I can determine. The one that IS listed, authored by m.tayyab.ch is a blatant fraud as far as I can tell.

2 Likes

And to think, Windows 11 will allow you to install APKs. Now that’s progress.

4 Likes

You are not alone on this LoneWolf…my sentiments exactly! Not a fan of android O/Ss…been using windows since 3.1 & 14.4kbps dialup back in '92 :grimacing: Glad it worked out for ya :+1: :cowboy_hat_face:

Having Bluestacks also allows you manage your devices with the Tivimate Companion app more conveniently too. Being a longtime Windows PC user, it is my platform of choice and honestly I’ve never been real fond of Android as a computing platform so with Bluestacks I have the best of both worlds.

Oh yeah. Totally forgot about Windows 11. I installed it on my main system and am kind of regretting it. I’m learning to adapt but … yeah, kinda regretting it.
Anyway I may try installing some apk’s and seeing what happens.

Ahh I harken back to the old days when I spent countless hours in the reg writing keys and sharing them in IRC. That was fun. I would spend days creating God code for IRC without any sleep. Dumped it all and focused on the future. Android. I’ll never return to windoze or linux for that matter. But it’s nice to see the variety available to everyone these days, and nice to see we can all work together in this hobby for the betterment of everyone.
Have fun and STREAM ON.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.