Tivimate on formuler z11 pro max recording

Have you tried an uninstall and reinstall?

Immediately you can see if it his system picker or not when you login into premium before any settings get changed.

1 Like

sure did,same thing,no system picker…my shield and buzztv show it but not my X88 Pro

1 Like

Still researching to see if I can find a commonality. I never knew this was an issue. I sure do now. Trolling forums for someone who definately has an answer. I wonder if TiViMate forums have discussions on this issue?

1 Like

email the developer. He used to be pretty good about replying. That Tivimate Discord sucks!

Apparently the Dev has been MIA for 7 months now.

1 Like

i’m talking to some of my friends about this,the guys that have nvidia shields and buzztv boxes have that option? pretty much other android boxes donot? why is that? the guy that fiqures that out will be hero to android users…i bet it’s gonna happen soon…miki is on it!

I have spent so much time without any exact answer. I have the same info. Works on shield and buzz and on my 4K Max but on a bunch of other devices it’s missing. I tried contacting the Dev but I’m told he’s been MIA for over 7 months. The following reddit thread seems to explain the issue but I’m not sure of a solution in it. Apparently it’s that scoped storage Android 11 permissions issue and Nvidia released an update that fixed it but not so on many other Android devices and unless the Dev whitelists certain permissions it won’t happen.
https://www.reddit.com/r/TiviMate/comments/10suqdp/external_storage_access_issues_androidtv_11_and/

I have system picker on Shield Pro and Buzz X5. My Hako Pro box no

All I did is use fx explorer. Then in Download folder created a folder called Tivimate then a folder called recording and linked Tivimate to that folder. In settings/other/recording. The path is/settings/emulated/0/Download/TiviMate/recording. Hope that helps someone. Btw I should mention this is on a shield.

4 Likes

i’ve got a X96 pro from 4yrs ago that was recommended by troy (thx dude) and it has system picker and a usb 3.0 port…i am amazed?
i’ve got to put a hardware identify proggy on it and i’ll share the details
but tivimate is rockin on it(had to update tivimate)…you know me…500GB ssd Drive
and it’s working fine? i guess there’s something in the newer android os that’s wacky?

1 Like

Ya it’s the darn Android 11. But eventually the scoped storage will be fixed everywhere.

Would you mind explaining what you mean by scoped, plz

2 Likes

Thanks do that article.

You are very welcome.

@Conners…we’re not talking about the shield or buzztv boxes…the boxes we’re talking about are the generic android boxes with android 11 on them? there is no system picker in tivimate and your method works on shields but not on the generic boxes?

About 7 posts up is a reddit link to a page explaining the issue. With the storage issue in Android 11 this will take time for everyone to do a patch or update to resolve.

Does the Ugoos UT8 Android box have system picker?

Sure does. :slightly_smiling_face: