TiviMate no auto-update in Settings

I have version 4.5.1 (Premium) on both Fire-stick 4K and Onn Android TV box.
On the Onn box there is no Auto-update option at all in Settings.
On the Fire-Stick 4K there is the Auto update On/Off setting.
The Logo for TiviMate is different on Fire-stick and Onn, on this same version 4.5.1
I cannot get the Companion app on the Onn Android TV box from the Google Play store, its not there, it says not compatible if I try to get it elsewhere.

Almost sounds as if you have one real copy of tivimate an one counterfeit copy.??? If that were possible could be cause/reason. I have a “real” copy on a nvidea shield and I can not find an auto update function. You say the tivimate logos differ!!! …I would investigate further and make sure.

1 Like

It’s real, installed from Google Play.
All of my Onn Android TV boxes have the same issue, no auto update.
I don’t know if this happened when the last update to 4.5.1 happened or when the Onn did a security update recently.
All my FIrestick Fire devices do have the same version and do have Auto update On/Off.

I have the same problem on my onn box’s that are set up the same, 1 has it the other doesn’t. Tivimate direct downloaded in downloader. Never could figure it out why. Been that way since 4.4.0 that i noticed.

Same here. I have auto update on my Firestick, but not on my Ugoos UT8.
Might have something to do with the streamer operating system. My UT8 uses Android 11.

I got this response from the developer:
" AR Mobile
The auto-update option is available only for devices without Google Play.
Also, TiviMate Companion app is intended for phones and tablets."
…
I did put the Companion app on my Amazon Fire tablet(From Google Play store) and was able to delete an old non-working device,
But, I guess I’ll get the updates automatically, we’ll see.

1 Like

Sounds like google play provides the updates and App store doesn’t. So FireTV OS gets the auto update.

2 Likes

Thats exactly what is happening,…if i disable google play on the onn box, clear cache on play store and tivimate the “auto update” and "check for new version " appears. Also, tivimate account e-mail shows too.

LOL, Nice.
Amazing what you can discover in this Troypoint community.
I will give that a try.
Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Even though this post is a couple of years old. It just goes to show you how doing a search can be beneficial.

I downloaded the v.5.0 a couple of days ago and now a v.5.0.1 is available in some venues. The Play Store and the Official web site do not give me the updated update. So, I wanted to try an update from the app itself but couldn’t remember how to get this page to show the info, i.e., Join Beta Testing and Check for new versions.

I remembered someone had a solution for this and lo and behold I found it! lol

Thanks for your post even though it is a couple of years old. It just proves the value of the search.

1 Like

That hasn’t shown on my Shield Pro for a long long time. I have the send anonymous stats button then immediately under that is Privacy policy, nothing in between.

You have to disable the Play Store.

I always have it disabled. I haven’t enabled the playstore or scanning for over a year. I got the update already from another source.

PF what device are you utilizing that shows the update for the 5.0.1

Shield Pro

Wow mine doesn’t show it either. T i v i mate developer must like you! LOL

Try enabling Tivimate notifications

I read somewhere where the update is just a new player or different players?