Tivimate help... settings removal

Does anybody know how to remove all recording data and info in settings?

Ive transfered a backup of my tivimate to another box but I noticed that it also transfered all recording settings etc. Anyone know if thhere is a one click solution?..or am I in for manual removal :crazy_face: :grimacing: :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

I never seen a one click option. Same thing with deleting the list on recordings. When i transfer movies to pc via usb drive, the movies are still listed in recordings. As far as setting no.

Yea, ive searched everywhere and I dont think its possible. Was hoping someone had tried this and found a trick :joy:

Your thumb needs the exercise anyway…

dunno, just got back from the DMV…darn near failed the vision test…some quick diversion got me through it this time :rofl:

1 Like

I’ve got to work on my deception moves at the DMV. Last time it took three tries. Finally let my eyes relax and the letters were just clear enough to get me by. The lady gave me the stink eye. Nice not to have to wear glasses while driving, but I do wear them at night.

What do you guys do for “parser exception” errors in TiviMate (I’m new with TiviMate). I suspect my source “links” in the iptv Xtream code because these are the same channels that gave me trouble before TiviMate. But there has to be other things I can try. Tried VLC but no go.

several things can cause that, such as an old version of the app or installed wrong, sometimes clearing cache will fix it. Antivirus and vpns are known to cause it as well as others.

What box did u transfer the backup to. Was it able tto read it?

I made a backup and wiped my shield and factory reset it, then put the backup in. After doing so I wanted everything the same but I forgot about recordings scheduled so I looked for a way to remove all at once but no can do

Ok forgive but if u wanted all the same, why change the recording settings?

I’m not entirely sure how recordings work in TiViMate, but can you say make a full backup of everything, then go into “Recordings” in the left panel and then delete all your recording settings and recorded stuff and then make another backup that you transfer?

Yes, in fact i think when u backup twice it erases the first backup or over writes it. I tried to backup two different settings in two different folders and it didnt work.

Not in my TiviMate AJS1. I backup up to a folder in the Downloader app each month. I keep 2 backups in case one somehow becomes corrupt. They are both different backups with different sizes. Definately doesn’t overwrite my previous backup.

I have overhauled my recording network to direct certain files different places, tivimate has all my past recording settings which overtime are fairly large. So I was basically just doing routine stuff with my shield. I like to factory re-install everything at least twice a year. I do this on my pc’s, tablets…everything. Over time a unit gets bogged down and a re-fresh makes snappy like new. You find this most evident on a windows machine. I probally re- install my linix pc at least 3-4 times a year. Keeps me in practice. :joy:

When you make a recording name your folder as such, i.e., Tivimate Recordings. Then when you record a movie direct the path to that folder and store it in that folder. Now if/when you wish to delete recordings you can go into your file manager and delete individual recordings or the entire folder.

I use X-plore as my file manager. I just now did this recording to show you. I will be deleting this file shortly. If I were to make a backup, then this file would not be included as long as I deleted from the settings in Tivimate first. If I make a backup without deleting it from Tivimate. Then the recording will be part of that specific backup. So, you need to delete recording in the Tivimate recording folder that you DO NOT wish to be a part of a backup.

This is the folder I just now made for recordings from Tivimate. It is an entirely separate folder from my Backus. Sample 02/10/2023

1 Like

I get what you are doing. My issue is not in where because my recordings are networked to other storage and not evident in xplore like that however you got me thinking there should be a data set in there somewhere

1 Like

SPECIAL EYE TEST!🔎👁️🔍
What number do you see?🤔

3246? …now im dizzy

See…piece of cake. Your eyes are fine. :nerd_face:

1 Like

I tried getting tivimate to backup on a named folder in a usb but it wouldnt do it. It kept backing up in a paticular folder of its choice.