Tivimate Companion App PC Alternative...?

It seems Tivimate now has an “Official” website. https://tivimate.com/

Using my laptop, I logged in with my email address and password and the Companion Dashboard was present. It seems you are able to do whatever the Companion app could do.

8 Likes

Game changer! Thanks for sharing this. TiviMate’s biggest problem was their payment process for premium.

1 Like

Unfortunately, still can’t purchase from this website it appears. Still need to use the terrible companion app or just buy through Google Play on Android TV/Google TV.

Yeah, I wasn’t certain if you could purchase premium or not, but as you stated you can use Google Play to do so…easy enough.

However, it would be easy to borrow someone’s Android phone and use your own email address to sign up. Then delete the app from that phone and you can then use your pc to manage your devices using the dashboard.

Anyway, somethin’ is better than nada, at all. lol

2 Likes

Yeah, hopefully the dev will realize he’s losing money on this registration process. The problem is when someone wants more than 5 devices and they need to create a new Google account to accomplish that. If he would allow for direct purchase through his website problem solved. Weyd app should be a good example for how to do this.

Does this mean that Tivimate might actually still be supported and back in development?

1 Like

Sparkle is the same way. The app is tied into your Google account.
At least now people can manage their devices without needing an Android device.

Btw, I don’t see Alex doing much of anything in the last year. There hasn’t been an update for about a year now.

Btw, I’m not certain but I think Alex may have sold a portion of his app. I just now downloaded the player app on my phone and the version name is different from what appears on my Shield. The version 4.7.0 is the same, but the version name has changed. Also, I noticed some time back the name for contact and has changed from what it used to be. This could explain why there hasn’t been any updates and why a new Tivimate webpage came out. …dunno

Oh well, it’s a start.

I activated premium from the app itself and not via the Companion app. I wounder if when sideloading the APK if that would suffice as an avenue to set up a Google account and pay? I already have an account and when I activated it automatically updated my Dashboard and displayed the added phone connection to my devices.

So, I am thinking, once you have established an account. You can add/delete your 5 connections. Thereby no longer needing a companion app on your phone. ???

Perfect Example: I manage 3 households for my family with 5 tvs in each one, Hence 3 tivimate accounts. Gets kinda hard to juggle especially when my daughter at her place flips out if somethng goes awry!

1 Like

I’m still trying to determine just what the point of the website is. There’s only one function: the dashboard. It tells me what devices I have enabled with Tivimate and allows me to delete any of them. Other than that, it’s pretty useless.

1 Like

The Companion app is a valuable tool for those of us that test new devices, and or buy, and use, new devices. It’s lifetime and since I’ve gotten TiViMate many years ago I have added it to 10 different personal devices, and in order to continue to do that I need the ability to remove no longer used devices and add new ones. So for me it’s a must have tool in my IPTV toolbox.

1 Like

Totally agree Miki, I definitely need access to delete and add new devices.

2 Likes

Alex replied to me the only payment method he is able to use is Google, so we’re kind of stuck with that. I told him I install several copies a week for friends, but he was adamant. I tried to buy a second copy on my android, but google recognizes the device and wont allow it. I found loading bluestacks on my pc, then going to settings and account in bluestacks I can delete my google account, and have a friend sign in with their google account and then they can purchase it. A little clunky, but with so many non-android users at least it’s a fairly easy workaround.

Just wish you could use it on your Galaxy S23 Ultra phone. I’ve tried but having to use another IPTV player on phone

I installed Tivimate player on my phone and tablet. Setting it up requires a bit of a workaround, but once you have configured your setting the way you want. Then the navigation on the app is fairly simple to do.

I don’t add the TiViMate IPTV player to my S21+, just the companion app.

For me it was easy to setup on my A14. Live tv works but VOD does not.

Yeah, I forgot about the VOD issue. VOD will work, but you have to use some sort of a mouse and keyboard app. I use this Bluetooth Keyboard & Mouse - Apps on Google Play on my phone.

Then you can select and play anything you have in VOD.

I don’t know why the touch screen won’t work for that one particular section?

Btw, this is for the Tivimate on my tablet, but you can install the Bluetooth app on your tablet to navigate and use the Tivimate app on your phone.

I uninstalled Tivimate from my phone because there is no way I would ever watch anything on that small of a screen. My eyes are old! lol

2 Likes

For phone. So under play store would I download tivimate premium or tivimate Player for IPTV?

You will need to side load it. I think I got it from APKMirror
TiviMate IPTV Player 4.7.0 (4702) APK Download by Armobsoft FZE - APKMirror

You can try the new website. It has an apk download, but didn’t try to download from there. TiviMate

After reading his little disclaimer. I think you will be able to download his apk. Try and see.

The reddit sub r/tivimate has a myriad of posts on this very subject.

Many of these provide good feedback on TM’s recent development (update to 5.0, webpage “tivimate.com”) and some complaints about channels being unsorted after the recent update, but generally a good place to share opinions and feedback of each others’ experiences with the app :blush:.

Btw, while the disclaimer says that it is not optimized for Android Mobile, but I can vouch for it having become more usable on mobile with the latest update to v5.0 :smiling_face:.