This just keeps getting crazier

I know Amazon sent an update over the weekend but my firestick 4K worked as normal, but today I was greeted with the black screen and no audio if I pushed the back button or home button it would say “loading” in the bottom right corner and remote buttons did nothing, I tried all the suggestions in searching black screen but got the same results. I discovered that after plugging in the power pack and waiting until the screen comes up promoting Prime video, this will take awhile I then pushed and held the home button and got a screen showing 4 icons of which I selected addons I got a home screen but without any amazon icons, that is no home icon or addons or manage addons, I got only the stuff that I installed, I tried kodi, vpn (on and off) and addons in kodi. they worked as normal, if you move below the home bar and go to the bottom of the list there is an icon"addons" which is normally out of sight when you select it you get a whole bunch of addons. my firestick works like normal but I don’t have the Amazon stuff. need more users to try this to be sure I didn’t just get lucky.

1 Like

It's a Madhouse - Made with Clipchamp

A word to the wise….Ditch the stick. Get something else. Plenty of options you can read about here at Troypoint.

3 Likes

I agree totally . Their are to many $40 boxes out their that’s much better .

3 Likes

had same thing had to do factory reset using remote do search and it will show what buttons to press stick works fine now

1 Like

How-to-Reset-Your-Fire-TV-Stick-With-a-Remote-Control

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.