This is Reportedly The New Fire TV Stick 4K Max With Improved Remote, More Storage, Better WiFi, & More

This is Reportedly The New Fire TV Stick 4K Max With Improved Remote, More Storage, Better WiFi, & More | Cord Cutters News

3 Likes

16 gb would make a lot of difference if you want to use builds

1 Like

Well at least that’s one rumour confirmed. I wonder if the RAM will be 3 instead of 2 also as romoured. That would make it even more useable. A bit of speed increase on the Chip should help as well. Tx for this.

Bumping to 3gb ram would be a reach if they’re keeping the $60 price point.

You never know though. The unconfirmed bumps in SoC speed, storage, and wifi seems logical. New remote is a good idea - since it’s just imported from an existing platform.

You are correct 3GB for $60 is a definate stretch, but I am not only a dreamer but an eternal optimist. I believe it will remain at 2 as that bit of info wasn’t given with the size increase of storage. Then digging into the programming and added simplicity of functions will be a blast. News at 11. :wink: :crazy_face: Thanks @TXRon for always being on top of this stuff for all of us.
Have fun and STREAM ON!!!

1 Like

Amazon launches new Fire TV sticks and its first Fire TV soundbar | Digital Trends

The latest version of the Fire TV 4K Max will cost $60

All-new Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K Max streaming device, supports Wi-Fi 6E, Ambient Experience, free & live TV without cable or satellite https://a.co/d/a0aXUPM

…plus if it did bump the ram, it would be an awkward placement in it’s fire lineup, as their flagship cube would have less system ram.

It would be a marketing mess.

The 2 gb ram will work great with the processor bump to 2.0

IMO, the 16gb is a pretty big deal regardless.

2 Likes

And folks it has an hdmi arc out and micro usb port. I better get that exactly worded. lol. :wink: Yowsa. Another rumour confirmed. $80 here in the great white north.

1 Like

Credit card already burning a hole through your wallet? :yum:

Lol. Not me. I’m waiting for the hands on users comments. I made that mistake with the KM2 and Onn. Maybe a couple of months from now.

The real kicker for customers who purchase a new Fire TV-branded streaming player or smart TV will get a six-month subscription to MGM+ at no extra charge.

Amazon Unveils New Fire TV Sticks, Alexa Updates More at Fall Product Launch – The Streamable

Fire OS 8 - I think I’ll wait until they get some of the bugs worked out there!

1 Like

I’m also waiting. I see some stuff regarding new functions, but most of that just seemed to be fluff. That’s why I’m going to give it a couple of months untill the experts like Troy, or others, who can dig into the inner workings of the Fire OS 8 and give us an idea of what’s under the hood, report back. I do know the 16GB storage is huge for me as I don’t do recording so that’s plenty to run apps for testing.