Third Party App Suspension

Not positive but I thought if you don’t turn off data collecting in settings than Amazon is actively monitoring your device, which is one of the many reasons I hate these giants.

2 Likes

I solved that whole problem by dumping Amazon several years ago

5 Likes

Following this to see if others got the same.

1 Like

Ya me to Wiz. So far nothing though. I have found references to 3rd party Services not apps, that violate Amazon terms of use.

2 Likes

Yea, this is related to services. Apps don’t have any bearing.

As long as people are getting their content threw a vpn dont worry.

3 Likes

Exactly Dracoo. Must have been some service data mining or something. Oh well. On to the next bit of fun. TTFN.

1 Like

Y’all remember this gem?

4 Likes

Yes, yes i do.

Google, amazon… everyone is trying to up there revenue and control our content.

2 Likes

I’m curious we’re all of your tracking settings turned off on the firestick/tv

1 Like

I was forced to update due to my firestick 4K freezing. I turned off Techdoctoruk and restarted my firestick. Now I’m no longer allowed to stop Amazon updates through the app nor Remote ADB. looking for a non-amazon and non-google device now.

1 Like

No FireTV OS or AndroidTV OS? hmmmm. Roku?

1 Like

I agree with you, I did the same thing.

I use the Shield and am happy with its performance. There are a few extra steps to take but it works well when set up.

3 Likes

Welcome to this great place of information. The Shield is a great device with ease of use. I really like our Shield Pro.

4 Likes

I love them also I have 3 among other brands but I always go back to the shield dependable and easy to setup and use :v::grin:

2 Likes

I recently set up the onn. 4k box. I love it! Watched the Troypoint videos for setup and added additional storage. I got tired of Amazon’s shenanigans. $20 @ wally world. Non Amazon or non Google dosen’t leave you with many options.

2 Likes

Have two of them and they are great. I expanded to memory on one that our Grandson uses via the @TROYPOINT video. Very easy to do. I just buy different boxes as a hobby and to play with

1 Like

The ONN is a basic box and good for the price. I set one up and it worked well, with only minor glitches. Certainly a good choice for basic streaming.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.