The Watcher to the rescue

I just need to thank Troypoint for recommending The Watcher Kodi add-on. I was using The Crew, and have recently been frustrated with it’s apparent dependancy on Trakt for search results. With the issues Trakt has had, it rendered The Crew almost useless.
The Watcher turns out to be far better, both in results, and a fast and smooth interface.

2 Likes

I believe Trakt is back up and running?

4 Likes

Yes it is. Up and a go go.

1 Like

At this point idk. I’ll stick with The Watcher. I like its performance/ interface much better.

2 Likes

I think that you’ll find that the addon that’s your favorite will change from time to time as issues crop up.

1 Like

Oh, that’s absolutely correct. I was a die-hard IPVanish and The Crew advocate. Now, it’s Surfshark and The Watcher. I know our chosen methods will need to evolve to outrun those who wish to drain our wallets. I just still wonder what really happened at Trakt.

I switched to homelander for first time and its worked very well even with some Trakt problems

1 Like

I’ll check that out.

I’ve also now noticed that using The Watcher, I no longer have the “Kodi wont close delay” as was common with The Crew, even after an uninstall/reinstall

Sounds like those issues are on your end. Have had the Crew for over a year and it works great. Trakt issues were not Crew specific and as others have pointed out all the Trakt issues have been fixed. As far as what happened with Trakt? Major database crash - nothing fishy. It happens. Enjoy

1 Like

Apparently, the Trakt issues were not solved as a whole. They seemed to have released various components as they were repaired. I think the API components are now back online and accessible by most Addons.
I didn’t suspect some nefarious plot behind the Trakt failure, I just wondered what could have happened that brought them to their knees so quickly and completely.

1 Like

All I can say is my build, Skeleton, which works off the Crew works just fine now since Trakt came back.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.