The TVapp now needs VPN on espn

espn and espn2 now require VPN on thetvapp.to
Here we go.
Following in the footsteps of ustvgo

NordVPN is required.

Yeah funny how only Nordvpn is recommended. I was using IPV and it told me the same. i even changed countries but no luck.

This has happened on many occasions over the last couple of years.

So its just a temporary setback until TTA fixes?

It comes and goes. This has been normal for thetvapp for years.

My opinion:
First, I’ve never noticed thetvapp ever requiring VPN to watch a stream.
Just like ustvgo, when they start asking for money, which they get indirectly
by getting a cut from the VPN service or via ad revenue, that’s when they start getting noticed, and soon it will disappear.

I have, as stated. But then I’ve been here for years. Use to be almost the entire list required Nord VPN.

I remember ustvgo having a longish list of channels requiring VPN, but not thetvapp.

Yup they use to. But eventually changes get made and it’ll be g2g again. But this is all irrelevant. Have a great day everyone.

They did this a while ago when they were airing a major sporting event. Can’t remember which one. I bet ESPN will be back after the Masters.

3 Likes

“They” meaning Thetvapp or where they get the feed from?

Thankfully Sportsfire has the Masters right now.

Either one…not sure. But the same exact thing went down several months ago. I think for the NFL playoffs…not sure. Anyway, soon after ESPN was no longer airing it. ESPN came back on line .

So sit tight and we’ll see if after the Masters are over what happens. I am not sure if ESPN is carrying the Masters on Sat and Sun? So, espn might be back tomorrow if they aren’t airing it. dunno :thinking:

2 Likes

Masters is on ESPN all weekend starting at 3:00pm EST on Sat and 2:00pm on Sunday. In Addition if you can get Sky Sports UK (available on most IPTV services) they feature live coverage much earlier in the day for United States viewers

1 Like