The Hardest Part of Streaming - What to Watch!

While it might be true that anything you can watch on Netflix or Prime or HBO, etc.can be watched somewhere else for free, that still begs the question of WHAT TO WATCH?
A good source is IMDb.com. I downloaded the app. It lists most popular, best movies and series on all the top providers, such as Netflix or Apple TV. Who stars in it, ratings, synopsis, languages and much much more. You can search a series or movie and read about it or see a trailer. A few minutes on this site can yield weeks or even months of future viewing of WHAT YOU WANT TO WATCH.
Once you know what to watch, go to your fav app and watch it.

IMDb is different app from IMDb TV (FreeVee)

1 Like

Stremio also allows you to search actors and directors from within a movie or series description. Also gives you all the seasons for binge watching. There are tons of rating sites but I love being able to surf the artwork for a movie, click on it and then read to see if It’s what I like, or I can use the genre selection, but never really bother with that. All artwork pops up for Series and Movies. Build my library, but just series, and surf movie posters to see what catches my attention.

1 Like

You talked about that before…I just noticed my TeaTV app has that too…pretty neat interface :+1:

2 Likes

I realize many apps have a search feature, I’ve seen Stremio’s and Tea TV and F+ and other apps search features. IMHO they don’t compare, but I’m sure you looked at IMDb before your assessment. We disagree and that’s cool, I still believe most on this site would benefit from IMDb.com and is free app.

1 Like

Oh no, please don’t get me wrong, IMDB has been around for over 30 yrs, and there’s a reason for that. It is a good tool if you need it. I simply don’t, and I had it installed and tested for a week, after which I uninstalled it as it didn’t provide me with any “special” info that I needed or wanted. Tools are like apps, more than any one person can use. So each to his own. If you like it, use it, and thank you for letting others know what you find usefull, they may very well also find it usefull.

3 Likes

I personally use “Reelgood” and “JustWatch” and find both services very helpful for providing movie streaming ideas when I just can’t think of anything to watch.

And the direct linking feature to movies on paid streaming services I have (like Netflix, Hulu, AppleTV, etc.) is actually pretty cool.

1 Like

I really like Reelgood. Just Watch is also good but for me, redundant.
On IMDb I particularly like the “Explore what’s streaming” section. No input needed and you can see the top series or movies on Freevee, Prime Video, Hulu, Netflix, Showtime, HBO Max, Apple TV and STARZ on an INDIVIDUAL list. The series and movies are shown in banners with ratings. For example, I can see the top series on Netflix with the push of one button,no input. The searches are already done for you. If I find a movie or series I’m interested in, Reelgood tells me all the places it’s available. Most of the time I just go to Stremio and steam on, as our friend Miki loves to say.

2 Likes

I use Reelgood as well. Here’s something else I do and for anyone who has ever cut cord with their Cable Provider but still likes their old channel guide (EPG in the Streaming World). This works particularly well with KODI and TraktTV.

I check daily on Local TV Listings, TV Schedules and TV Guides | TV Passport for my Old (Before cutting) Cable Guide Programming lineup for all the Channels I used to watch on Cable. For anything new I see, I go to my TraktTV Account to check out the show and see if I like it. If I think I’ll like it I just Add to Trakt and when I open up KODI it’s there along with the other 50 Shows I still need to watch!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.