Tablo TV - Meet The New Tablo 4th Generation DVR

Tablo TV - Meet The New Tablo 4th Generation DVR - YouTube

1 Like

That looks interesting. I wonder how well the wifi connection is?

Product - Tablo TV

I’m trying to find out if its next gen atsc 3.0? I kinda doubt it at that price but so far I cant find out as I cant get their chat to work(could be my pc). Even so that a great price even if its not and zero sub fees for guide data(big savings)…and I believe ive read it will have fast channels thrown in.

Screenshot from 2023-08-28 15-54-41

Apparently, these are the fast channels you can get

These are the OTA channels they say I can get using their antenna.

1 Like

not bad. I get around 100 locals although many are not english.

For $100 bucks that really isn’t bad at all.

not at all and it includes storage with the ability to add more. I purchased one to check it out and It might be what ive been looking for. 1 device can supply 6 tv’s at once…really unheard of.

If you need your locals and don’t have coax cable running to your TVs’ locations, this could be very useful.

But if you already have coax wired where you want your TVs, then it might be easy for you to incorporate that along with an outdoor or attic antenna. I recently helped a friend do just that. I just replaced his Direct TV dish with an antenna. He was amazed. He thought that he needed cable to get out locals, lol.

1 Like

I may order this thing just to see what it’s all about. Some people are saying it’s better than that ‘AirTV’.

What I dislike about airtv is its made to compliment slingtv. I have one in a box somewhere :rofl:

So, do you think this thing would work through a Shield Pro, or only via the Smart TV?

They are made for most devices including android and android-tv(shield), roku etc. I have a tablo dual lite that ive used on my shield and tablets etc. They have an app for it to work. Ive really never had an issue with tablos in the past …my main complaint has always been the app interface…blah blah boring but this newer app looks more blingy :sweat_smile:

1 Like

The thing I like about my AirTV is that I got it for free.

The UI is not great by any stretch, but coupled with a used laptop HD in a $4 outboard enclosure, it suits our needs regarding recording & making two more of our TVs able to watch the locals. For sure, if I were buying, I wouldn’t choose the AirTV.

1 Like

true. I have a 1st gen airtv and loved it back when I used slingtv also. Meshed everything together rather nice. BBBut ive cut that cord and I just dont want it bundled their way but rather mine. I will most likely drag the tablo feed into my tivimate when its all said and done. :+1:

1 Like

Replying to keep posted on the updates.

Oh how I wish we could get decent ota signals here :frowning:

2 Likes

The Tablotv showed up today at my door. Very simple setup and has 50gb on board storage which is ok for recording occasionaly or simple usb add on storage. I inserted my adata 240 gb drive, formatted simple and all is well.

This to me looks like the easiest ota recorder ive seen. The guide is a do-over from tablos other apps and looks more polished and laid out better.

2 Likes

This looks very interesting!

Btw, ND is kicking ass soooo bad they have benched the team and put in the cheerleaders!

1 Like

Tablo Adds 20+ New Free Streaming TV Channels from AMC and More - Tablo TV