Syncler+ won’r play large 4K shows

When I am watching 4K shows Syncler + won’t play files in the 20+ mb range. I have to go down to the lower files in 4 K. I’m using a Firestick 4K Max

When you say “won’t play”, do you mean it loads but buffers badly, or it just doesn’t load at all?

It won’t load at all. It just gives me an error message. This happens only on the really high 4K streams

@Geejay

What is your down speed? Im curious. And the really high mb stuff is 4k but dts or truehd or basically highend 4k make sure you are selecting proper 4k to your hardware specifications of your tv.

150 mbps with vpn on

This is what it says on large 4K files

“Unexpected IllegalState Exception: null”

Even being 4k fireatick, theyre just not going to have the power, memory to handle that large size. Really need gigabit internet and a Shield.

Or a Fire Cube, I’ve never had a problem with 4K streaming on my cubes

1 Like

Those highest end 4k sources really are tough to handle for a stick, I would agree. I’m not sure why it immediately shows the error in this case though. You would think it would try and just look and sound choppy. Even though I use a Shield Pro on my main TV, I still dial back my sources to the highest quality 1080p sources that RD and Orion can give me. That picture is still emaculate, I just don’t feel the need to use the 4k sources in most situations. For older movies, I dial it back to 720p or lower, because I think it looks more realistic.

2 Likes

Thanks for all the feedback.

1 Like

I have a second generation Fire Cube and I can also stream 4K.

1 Like

I was getting the same error message on my 2nd gen cube.

Try different 4k feeds and sources. Dont always go for the largest file.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.