Switching from Firestick to NVIDIA pro

Possibly I’m very wrong here but isn’t it the TV which dictates the resoloution I’m ably to watch? I have a 4K TV but if I didn’t I don’t think I would be able to watch 4K Content from KODI? My Generic Box, nor Shield Pro or whatever isn’t going to help with that. I’m watching Flawless 4k content on my 4K TV from KODI on my Generic Box. How would that same 4K content be any “Better” if I was using an NVDA Shield.

1 Like

AI upscaling on the Shield is legit. No, it doesn’t make 4K better. It only upscales 1080 to 4K. There is a noticable difference.

My Samsung TV does the same it upscales.

AI Upscaling is only slightly clearer on 4k. Some movies you watch are only 1080 and older movies 720 wether you know it or not. All YouTube is not 4k. If you ever use an app that offers choice, you might select a stream that is less than 4k.

Important If you are happy, keep what you have! For many on this blog, streaming is our hobby just like fishermen try different lures and golfers try different clubs and balls. Experimenting with new equipment is fun, but not necessary to enjoy the sport.

1 Like

Thanks Miki, yes I have a Samsung Smart TV as well with upscaling. @Jayhawks659 so the NVDIA upscales 1080p to 4K similar to how my Samsung does the same? Yes I’m very pleased with the picture I get from 1080p and 4K on my Samsung TV just didn’t realize a streaming Box could help those without upscaling functionality on their TV’s.

@MarkxG

Thats because the unit is doing the upscaling not the tv.

1 Like

Idk. I haven’t used other devices. But I can tell you I watch 4+ streams on IPTV sometimes when it comes to sports and my shield handles it with no problem. Internet speed has a lot to do with it, but so does the processor. I also love the remote control lol. Everything else I like better than the fire stick, but when comparing to other devices I have no idea.

I am guessing Amazon is just starting to block things. When you restart the FS you have a problem getting the Icons for 3rd party apps. I don’t like when big tech tells me what I can do.

The icons issue isn’t Amazons fault, it’s the apps developer that is to blame. They haven’t coded them for the new OSs yet. Many don’t bother.

My opinion is the ONN is a better device than the FS.

1 Like

I’m glad you’re pleased with the Onn and it works for you. I also believe my 4k Max is the best. Just a matter of personal choice.

1 Like

Excellent advice and I agree wholeheartedly…

1 Like

For some reason I can’t connect for an ftb transfer with Xplorer on my shield pro (9.02). Using Filezilla on my PC, Xplorer works fine on my Firestick, but when I try with virtually the same settings on the shield, I can’t connect. I’ve given Xplorer all the permissions. Any idea why this doesn’t work?

Is there a better app than XPlorer to use for ftp on the shield? Or any reason that Android 11 (9.02 version) blocks ftp?

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.