Surfshark vs IPVanish – Which VPN is Better?

The following guide compares Surfshark vs IPVanish to determine which VPN provider is better.

5 Likes

Very good read and really lays out info on both. Job well done!

5 Likes

I used IPV for almost 3 years when the price was $99 for 3 years. My renewal was $90 for one year so I switched to SurfShark for $60 for 2 years. Interestingly, I just got a renewal “deal” from IPV - $45 for one year. I wonder if the Troypoint rankingwas anything to do with that? Don’t need it but I’d have passed anyway.

3 Likes

Not sure about IPVanish, but Surfshark offers 3 widgets for iOS which I use and really like

2 Likes

Did you get the 3rd year deal? For 1st time subs you get 27 months for $60 and a third year for $27. So I got 39 months for $87 U. S.

5 Likes

I get IPVanish $99/3 years for life. I forget how i got that, their customer service applied a coupon at one point and told me it is permanent. Express is my favorite, IPVanish has been good to me, but i’m most curious about Surfshark. Really like all the features that it offers.

5 Likes

IPvanish is very good, but so is Surfshark. I’d give them equal recommendations for my purposes. But in the end, it just boiled down to price.

I had NORD VPN for a couple of years and it was ok, but a little clumsy.

4 Likes

And for me after my 39 months is up it’s just $60.77/yr. I love the kill switch in SS.

4 Likes

Last month I intended to drop IPV to get a paid plan with ProtonVPN.
But IPV offered me a two year rate that beat the intro offer from TP, so I reupped.

If the SS deal would have been here last month I probably would’ve switched.
I use Proton’s free service & IPV. On my Linux machine I have to use OPENVpn and the Proton servers tend to be faster on my computer.

The one advantage that I could see with Nord is that it allows you to access more channels if you’re using USTVGO.

1 Like

Hey elgin I have ProtonVPN and it’s good on computers and lap tops, but on streaming devices you can’t do much more than choose a Country and server. Higher functions are not accessible. I made a big mistake paying for 2 yrs of Proton.

2 Likes

Well a small mistake, Miki…
I really can’t offer much empirical support for this opinion BUT, I trust Proton in terms of security more than IPV.

1 Like

I used IPV for the last two years and was fine with it. This year I changed to SS mostly because of the kill switch on the Firestick but it does so much more and well. My speeds are faster and unlike IPV, I can click the SS icon and see it’s been running for 145 + hours or more with no disconnect. IPV never did that. I am very comfortable with my choice and at this point can’t see going back.

3 Likes

Proton is very good. If you have it on your phone or a computer. Open it up and look at all the options you have, including malware blocking. Ad Blocking, and tracking blocking. Now have a look on a streaming device. Minimal “settings” access. But any VPN maybe better than nothing.

1 Like

Very nice job and a great read all the information you need to make a informative decision. Still haven’t pulled the trigger yet but I am leaning towards SS sounds like a great deal and the working kill switch for Android is the clincher.:thinking:

3 Likes

I still got a few months on my ipvanish.Hopefully there will be a decent discount for SS when that time comes.

5 Likes

Miki did you get the anti virus and the other things offered I thought that was included in the VPN it’s 1.40 a month extra for anti virus alerts and search don’t think it is needed thought it was included

2 Likes

Yes it has an adware, malware and tracker blocker. Called cleanweb. Only trouble is, it’s all or nothing. I watch some stuff in the Silk Browser and have to turn it off in order to access the stream. But that may not matter once I load the channels in TiViMate.

1 Like

There is a extra charge of 39 and change for the anti virus is that what you are talking about

1 Like

No I didn’t pay extra. Cleanweb is already in the main app. It’s under Features on the main page of SS.

3 Likes

Yeah that’s what I got also and the third year also great deal couldn’t resist :clap::v::sunglasses:

1 Like