Surfshark VPN Help

It works when I use IPVanish.

Some vpns conflict with apps some dont. It really varies.

Thanks for the info.

1 Like

I am not getting all links working in ustvgo using surf shark tried it on several sifferent devices even pc and phone it tells me I have to use Nord .I thought they are one in the same now
Am I doing something wrong. Anyone one else having this issue?

1 Like

Not 100 percent the same, nord owns the name. Are you using both nord and SS for this? Read the guide troy has on this.

Important Note: As of this writing, there are only two compatible VPNs that work with USTVGO. These include Surfshark and NordVPN.

No just using Ss I will go read Troys post again

1 Like

Figured it out had to use Canada as my location with Surf Shark. Then it worked great. Thanks for the help

1 Like

I’m still having issues with some apps. I tried logging in to Canada, but no luck yet.

With which apps? other than the one you posted about.

I use surfshark connected to San Jose California and I lost Amazon for about three or four days but it’s all back now. It cracks me up everybody’s complaining about Amazon infiltrating their fire stick. When they lose it they all cry.

I’m glad you asked. I just checked again and now it’s only the Fox apps that won’t even open with Surfshark. I can still log into other servers with IPVanish and they work great.

1 Like

It’s probably a conflict with that app and SS.

1 Like

It is a conflict with the Fox apps. I just hope this gets fixed because this is a big reason for me for using a VPN.
Also, I went through the major network apps again and now NBC Sports app isn’t working.

@Troypoint
Have you received any feedback about Surfshark working with any of the Fox network apps? If they can fix this issue, this VPN will be perfect for me. I’ve gotten used to logging into different city servers with IPVanish and having their apps work.
Thanks!

Hello @jpack1 I sent them info about the Amazon problem which is separate than the Fox App. Unfortunately, there are so many apps out there I highly doubt that they will work on each one separately unless there is a big push to do that. As of now, they work with the popular paid streaming services because there is demand for that. I would suggest staying with IPVanish if it works well for you.

Ok, thank you for your help. After watching your tutorial about Surfshark, I’ve decided to stay with Surfshark. There are more options with them than IPVanish. Also, the price is better. There are other avenues I can take to achieve what I want. I appreciate what you do and I follow your advice often.
Thank you very much!

3 Likes

Just an update with SurfShark. I can now log into different USA servers and open the FoxNow app. However, the cities I log into don’t correspond to what I’m logged into on the FoxNow app. For example, im logged into the Los Angeles server. When I open the FoxNow app, I’m getting the Washington DC channel. The next time I log in with the same server, I’ll get a New York station. Other servers take me to the wrong channels too. It makes me wonder if when I’m logged into any USA server, am I actually logged into the city Surfshark says I’m in? I understand it could be a Fox app issue. The channels don’t always load either. I’m just wondering if anyone has any input on this. I updated Surfshark today from the Rapid App Installer and Surfshark is working better today with my issue.

1 Like

Hi, I am in Spain, I got a surfshark account via troypoint solely to access the BBC iPlayer and ITV hub. I answered surfsharks questions ie I am streaming via a Amazon fire TV cube and downloaded the two apps from the Amazon app store. Both apps will open but nothing within the apps will run. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the two apps but with no success. My Surfshark is set to London location . So far Surfshark have not come up with an answer.
Regards Vernon Hesford

Yesterday I canceled my subscription to Surfshark. I chatted with a representative about my issue. Today I received an email that they fixed the problem. Here is what they emailed me…

“I can see that the issue you’ve mentioned has been resolved, but if you have any other questions please feel free to let me know.”

I’m hoping someone could try opening the FoxNow app and see if you can get the local channels on most of the cities they connect to by using Surfshark VPN. If it works now, I’d possibly go back and subscribe to their service. I hope the download speeds are better also.

1 Like

Im sorry, but canceling a service for one app that you can get in many different ways to me isnt the way to go about it.

However i will close this topic as it seems resolved. Im sorry it couldnt get resolved for you and i wish only the best.