Surfshark VPN Help

Thanks for this info, @Miki

1 Like

Thanks.
I also cannot connect to my IPTV service using TiviMate while using Surfshark.

Doesn’t seem to be any issues with TiviMate for me. Still connecting to my service.

One thing i really need to stress is geo blocking is becoming harder to bypass.

Surfshark does a good job where a whole lot fail when it comes to this procedure. But when it comes to Amazon prime or netflix at this point they have tightened up there anti geo unblocking and blocking procedures. This weekend im planing to do some surf shark testing but i will also try some proxie loop testing too and socket 5 with surf shark for extra geo blocking bypassing. @TROYPOINT im not sure if you are familiar with proxies servers but it might by something to try with tor if people want to bypass geo blocking. You can set your self up in another country and ping from other countries at random and scramble your entry and exit nodes. Might be worth a shot.

I will look into easier ways for the average user to do as well. I have been busy at work but im going to do some extra nerding for you guys.

1 Like

We did a tutorial on StreamLocator a few weeks ago. If you want something that works well with these various paid streaming services, this is the product for you.

1 Like

I can connect to Amazon.com with tor. But im still configuring things.

It seems ss as resolved these issue? Others have posted it. Feel free to test and give feedback.

US Servers are still having problems. You will see in my workaround video that I simply connect to Canada server and problem gone. Good enough until they fix this bug. Thanks for all of your work on this!

3 Likes

Thanks for working on this. Just an FYI, I still get a “startup failure” error when I try loadig the FoxNow app while logged into a USA or Canada server.

That is probably a conflict with the app and vpn. Im dont know anything about this app but i bet it wont work with a vpn.

It works when I use IPVanish.

Some vpns conflict with apps some dont. It really varies.

Thanks for the info.

1 Like

I am not getting all links working in ustvgo using surf shark tried it on several sifferent devices even pc and phone it tells me I have to use Nord .I thought they are one in the same now
Am I doing something wrong. Anyone one else having this issue?

1 Like

Not 100 percent the same, nord owns the name. Are you using both nord and SS for this? Read the guide troy has on this.

Important Note: As of this writing, there are only two compatible VPNs that work with USTVGO. These include Surfshark and NordVPN.

No just using Ss I will go read Troys post again

1 Like

Figured it out had to use Canada as my location with Surf Shark. Then it worked great. Thanks for the help

1 Like

I’m still having issues with some apps. I tried logging in to Canada, but no luck yet.

With which apps? other than the one you posted about.

I use surfshark connected to San Jose California and I lost Amazon for about three or four days but it’s all back now. It cracks me up everybody’s complaining about Amazon infiltrating their fire stick. When they lose it they all cry.

I’m glad you asked. I just checked again and now it’s only the Fox apps that won’t even open with Surfshark. I can still log into other servers with IPVanish and they work great.

1 Like