Surfshark stopping adds on YouTube

@unknownjohn

Why doesn’t Shurfshark stop youtube ads on cell phones.

I am trying to post a topic. I have written it. It is in draft status. I can’t seem to find a sense button or link to post my new topic question.

I am stuck in the draft window. I have saved it. Each time I go back to it I can resume writing or editing but, can’t post.

What am I doing wrong.

Edit: Moved from chat.

Not sure if this will help but try un-installing surfshark. Turn off play protect>>> go to surfshark web site and download surfshark and install. Set up surfshark how you normally would and make sure clean web is enabled. Report back.

1 Like

Why not use Smart Tube? It is the same as YouTube but with more features and no ads.

4 Likes

I did not know how to find and install Smart Tube for my phone. I have it on my Mecool and firesticks using downloader. I guess I was wondering why Surfshark doesn’t stop the ads on Youtube. Isn’t that what cleanweb should do? Thank you for the suggestion of using Smart Tube. How would I find and install Smart Tube for my cell? I guess that’s what I get for being a hardware engineer for so long. Any suggestion on what I am doing wrong trying to post a new topic? I am new at doing this sort of stuff. I have followed Troypoint for a long time. I also support Troypoint Insider. Great information and site. Thanks

1 Like

Ok, I am not sure what play protect is. Are you talking about google play protect?
Thank you for moving my post to the correct place. I am sorry but I am new at this kind of stuff. I posted it in the Troypointinsider1 chat because I could not figure out how to post a new topic. I am still stuck. Thanks again.

1 Like

Yes, you can enable/disable both Play Protect and Auto-Update in the Google Play Store Settings. Just open the Play Store app and hover over your avatar in the upper righthand to open the Play Store account settings and go from there.

I installed Smart Tube on my phone. The app works but, it is very buggy.
There is no support for cell phone for this app. I found it was dufficult to use on a cell. I had to lock then unlock my phone to exit uhe app. I could not get to my hone screen unless I did the lock unlock thing. Have you got it to work on your phone?

I tried your suggestion. It did not help with blocking the adds while watching Youtube on my cell. I do not get why Surfshark webclean does not block the adds… Anybody else get webclean to block Youtube adds on a cell phone?

Don’t have it on my phone. I use it on my Nvidias and tablet.

Then why did you respond to my comment with: Why not use Smart Tube? It is the same as YouTube but with more features and no ads.

I am a confused.

Just a little FYI here, Youtube ads are hard to get rid of, they are practically apart of their poicy for ad revenue and its how alot of them tubers get paid. Software to get rid of youtube ads have gown down alot and worse after google bought them. Somethings that may have worked have stopped. So, all i can say is keep trying, maybe contact SS to see what thy say? Try different web browsers. Nothing is 100% guarantee anymore.

The ads in a YouTube vids are embedded, and part are part of the video stream. Whereas ad blocking, I believe, is accomplished by basically stopping pop-up ads from appearing which are separate from the vid and are not embedded in the actual video stream.

Kinda like one of those lame sources advertising slots or some sort of gaming when you stream a vid from Stremio or Syncler+.

As Dracoo stated, I think the ads are a bit more complicated in YouTube and not so easily gotten rid of. I rarely use YouTube and always pretty much use STube as my go to. The ads in YouTube have really gotten to the point of being sooooo intrusive it is just not worth it.

1 Like

Just use the Troypoint Toolbox and download STubeNext. I just did so on my Samsung S8 phone without issue. The streams play with ads removed.

This is a screenshot off of my phone. I played around with this app and it does play without issue. However, there is a bit of a learning curve to know how to navigate around. I found using the “Back” button on my phone would reveal thre side card as you can see in the screenshot. Also, I found by pressing on the last pic in the bottom row would advance each row at a time. By pressing on the last pic in a row will move the row over about 3 pics.

Anyway, the app isn’t really optimized for phone use, but it will work!

1 Like

I totally understand about something that worked might not now. Thank you for helping me.

Thank you for the reply. I understand. This is a constantly changing world we live in now.

Thank you for the good information. I downloaded the SmartTubeNext application from Troypoint’s Toolbox and installed the app. on my Samsung Ultra 21 phone. I am still having issues with the app. When I start the app. it goes to full screen mode. I cannot force the phone’s display to portrait mode by rotating my phone. In landscaping mode I cannot see the side menu with Home, Gaming, News… Setting. The display of the app is stuck in landscaping mode. I can tap the screen and launch a video with no problem. I cannot exit the app or change the channel I want to watch unless I tap the phone side button that blanks the phone screen. Then tap the same side bottom again and bring up the screen, that has the 3 vertical bars, Home and < at the bottom of the screen. Then dismiss the SmartTubeNext App. then swipe the SmartYoutubeNext app to dismiss it. The videos plays well when I start a video I can pause/resume but, if I tap for instance the aspect ratio I cannot dismiss the side menu of the aspect ratio and must go through shutting down the app as I have explained to continue. I am probably not making much sense. I am sorry about that.

Also, when I entered www.troypoint.com/tr in the URL box it takes me to Troypoint.com with my phone display on “Trakt TV On Kodi & Streaming Apps- Sync Your Content page”. This is the screenshot

I tried to do a screenshot to show where the www.troypoint.com/tr command sent me. I am not sure why it’s not displaying correct.

I can get to Troypoint toolbox by going to TROYPOINT Toolbox with no issues on my phone or any box I use
Any suggestion where I should go from here, or have I totally confused everybody?

How did you insert the screenshot you sent me into the message box?

I am sure I must be doing something wrong. It should not be this difficult.

I did find this article talking about the SmartYouTube app. I think it’s from the app author.

yuliskov (Yuriy L) · GitHub. If you have time, please read the article and let me know your thoughts. Thank you again for your help.

its
troypoint(.)com/tb
less the brackets.

Yes, it will auto go to landscape. That is the only display that will work with this app. You still can exit and rotate the app by first disabling your auto-rotate on your phone and then open the STube app. It will still auto-rotate to landscape mode but when you exit it will auto-rotate back to portrait mode. Then you can/should re-enable the auto-rotate function on your phone.

To get to the menu side card all you have to do is swipe from the right side of your screen and your task bar should appear. Then just press the back button once and the menu will appear on the left side.

To exit the app just double press the back button and it will take you back to your homepage of your phone.

To easily navigate the rows just press any video pic on the bottom row and the rows will advance one at time. you can scroll somewhat, but it will only scroll 1-2 rows and then start over.

To move he row right or left just press on the vid pic on either the right side or left side depending on which direction you wish to search.

I don’t believe you can cast with this app on any device, but I know I couldn’t on my phone. I have not tried to connect via Bluetooth to my portable speakers. So I am not sure about that.

Just type Troypoint Toolbox into your Chrome browser and it will take you to the Toolbox. Then scroll down until you see the app and download and install.

Movies will be a hit or miss. The movies that did play booted quickly and played without issue. Some movies would not boot and stated the video format is not supported. TV shows are the same way. Some play some don’t. You will have better luck by do a search for Free Movies and Free TV shows. I got several to play doing that search.

So open your chrome browser and type in Troypoint Toolbox. Then scroll down to the SmartTubeNext app and download and install.

Good luck…now it’s my nap time. lol :sleeping:

Just remember this app is NOT optimized for phone use. However, it will work. You will have to do a bit of learning (experimenting) to figure out how to maneuver around on the app.

Btw, Miki gave you the address to use in Downloader. So you can type troypoint. com/tb (lose the space after the dot) in the browser and then copy and paste it in your Downloader favorites for easy access or you can save the web address to your favorites in your Chrome browser.

Oh, and if you want to, you can place a shortcut on one of your phone’s screens.

I tried to use.troypoint.com/tr because on Powerfader reply the screenshot he supplied me it has Trakt TV on Kodi & Streaming Apps – Sync Your Content (2023) at the top of the screenshot. I knew about Loading.... Do you know where I can get all of TroyPoint shortcuts/extension or will it always be troypoint.com/ (then the initials of the app) I am looking for.

I am fairly new at some of this stuff. Thanks to everyone for the help. This is really a great site for information.

The toolbox is tb not tr.