Surfshark on Fire Stick - Amazon Prime is blocking

There seems to be a problem with the automatic. They also told me to take off auto, and use straight wirequard selection. That solved the problem, this was with firestick too

1 Like

I found that open vpn speeds are only 18 mbps, while wireguard is 100mbps. Is there something we can do with open vpn for better download speed?

Hello @T83 try changing from TPC to UDP or vice versa.

2 Likes

I did both Troy, and different locations 16-18 mbps. I know you lose half ur speed but 18? Now when using ip vanish speeds were faster using open vpn than wireguard

Then use wireguard? Use the fastest protocol. Some of these protocols dont work well with some modem configurations and secuirty options like wpa2 and what not

1 Like

Have you gone through the different servers new where you live and test the speed on each of those? Also, why don’t you want to use Wireguard?

I am , I’m just trying to figure out how some are using open vpn which they say is correcting their problems. I’d like to know what their download speeds are

Its due to location, modem settings, internet provider and security settings like wep wpa wpa2. One won’t work perfectly for another. It happens which is why there is options.

Pia i cant use open protocol, it has to be wireguard.

Oh I am using wireguard! Yes I did try different servers near me in open. But I saw people with these problems and said they went to open vpn and the speeds aren’t that great??!!

1 Like

Yes I have to with my firestick, and with SS My pc download speed is excellent , my iOS phone about the same

fyi, as a long time SurfShark user I highly recommend the new york servers no matter where you live, I always default to newyork then Dallas then LA then Tampa/Orlando

I’m using Ny as static, and weird Miami pretty fast too

yep Miami is pretty good. My super secret server is Kansas but please dont tell anyone. :grimacing: :face_with_monocle:

@T83

Just keep it as wireguard. Should resolve your issues.

:+1::+1: that’s where all 3 are

@TROYPOINT i too can’t get into Amazon.com tried changing to open/udp didn’t work. Also this is on my iPhone, while there I checked my mbps in open, was just under what wireguard speed is. So I can’t figure out why my firestick 4k is so slow in open vpn. Thanx

Hello Everyone, I have mentioned this multiple times. Surfshark does know that there is a problem with Amazon devices and they are currently working on this.

Here is a workaround until it is fixed.

2 Likes

Going foward, please review the workaround as surfshark is aware of this is issue. Give it time as apps for amazon take time to fix. Its posted across all categories.

1 Like