Surfshark issues

i have been using surfskark for about a week now. i find that it freezes a lot. u don’t have disconnect button like ipvanish. it’s good to have that after u have surfed the web

Just a thought! Instead of turning your VPN off, why not use the VPN Pass-through?
That way you will never forget to turn the VPN on because it will be there when you start up. I pass through Prime Video and Smart You Tube and they work great,

like i said ipvanish has that option but surfshark doesn’t

Surfshark has Bypass, the equivalent to Pass-Through. Turn Bypass on and select the apps you dont want to run through the VPN server.

1 Like

My only issue and it’s a small issue, Surfshark doesn’t have the “bypass” on the iOS.
Other than that small hiccup and I don’t really use it on my phone a lot anyway it works a lot better(smoother) than all the rest of tried.

Welcome! I’ve been using it on our iOS devices for a year and a half now and have never had a need for that. Everything loads and works great

2 Likes

SS does have this ability, Amd237 gave you the info how to use it.

This topic was automatically closed after 3 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Just as an update to any Canadians using Surfshark, this service is useless for downloading emails and sending emails on their Canadian servers! I have been out of country and can not download or receive
E emails from Bell servers! I am advised Surfshark does not allow the same ports to download emails. You need to use the web based email to receive emails. IPVanish is the better solution for email service and the emails will be sent and received no problem, forget about Surfshark as they are useless service for us.

I disagree with your observation of SS. I do have trouble with it but it does work very well for my needs. I have more trouble with ipv.

So, are you able to send and receive emails on the BellMail servers? My IPTV is fine using Surfshark, It is Surfshark that blocks emails from Bell Servers in Canada and have to use web based emails, this is how Surfshark customer support advised. Which is a pain as the 4 emails I use work fine with IPVanish.

I was disagreeing with your original topic subject but now it’s been changed under surfshark issues.

Considering all the advantages SS has over IpV, I think being out of town and having to use a web based email for a short time is a small price to pay. I should check with Rogers email but it’s all web based, who uses clients these days like the old Outlook and Outlook Express etc? Lots of other old programs as well that would grab lots of emails.

Unfortunately, web based are a pain when you have check 4 emails. Using email app on ios and android all email are sent directly into account. One stop shopping, logging into each email web based is annoying. Also, i am.ouy of counrty more than I am.in so IPVanish far outweighs SS for me for email.

Well there you have it, why I said being out of town a short time is not an issue but since you’re out most of the time then yes, I would agree IpV would be best for your email. You just lose the advantages that SS.

Yes, weighing what best suits. Do like surfshark, but email is my Achilles heel.
Cheers

Well I had issues with surfshark again today. Went to my broadcast IPTV channels locals working good wash my recordings working good, everything working good happened to check my downloads feed and search shark and only had 3 hours of surfshark where yesterday I had over 100 hours which means they shut off during the middle of the night. So I check to make sure everything was okay to surfshark then I went to stream you to see what new episodes was up and sremio was dead couldn’t connect 403. Excuse the spelling on this Google can’t spell or text right but I’m not going to go through and change it. So I went back to surfshark everything else is working fine all my channel is working fine except streaming and we’re not connect. Went back to surfshark he’s in Los Angeles went to San Jose how to shut it off two or three times to get San Jose to work everything working fine including stream mail. Put it back on Los Angeles everything including streaming and working fine. So shark today sucked. So today search sucked surf shark sucked surf shark sucked so does Google

Well again I had issues with surfshark. I won’t be able to post again until somebody else does. So ss disconnecting me from the internet however it did not activate the kill switch. I had to disconnect surfshark, check my channels get connected back the internet and then turn the ss back on. It seems to be an ongoing situation and I have the updated ss version.

I’ve given them so many chances and when you think it’s good to go…bam issues again. I gave up