Stremio which I had set up with real debrid and Torrentio is telling me that unless I am a registered user I cannot use add-ons

Stremio which I had set up with real debrid and torrentio says I can not use add-ons unless I am a registered user.

1 Like

@tyc207

I am more concerned with the fact that I followed Troypoint’s instructions exactly as to how to use real debrid in torrentio as a guest user and what has happened to change this. I know how to use a fake email.

@tyc207

Im not sure, but it could be a change in stremio. Id suggest just making an account and use the addons well worth it

Hi, I made an account and literally all the add-ons I used Torrentio etc are gone.

If I remember correctly as a guest you don’t have a stored account on the server, this means that any add ons are not kept for a guest account. Once you set up an account, then addons as well as all your setup, including faves and history as well as addons are kept on their servers. No addons are installed on your streaming device, this makes it safer, as should malicious code somehow get into an addon then it can’t affect your system as the addons are not on your system.

2 Likes

Ok, Maybe I am not making myself clear. As a guest on Stremio you can no longer add add-ons. When you make a sign in non guest account all add ons such as Torrentio are gone. I made an account with an add-on named Orion which seems to be working well with an API key but something has changed in Stremio.

@tyc207

You are making it clear, my response was to sign up with stremio, its free and gives you full acess.

2 Likes

Hi guys I’ve been trying to get streamio working for the last couple of days I can’t even locate Torrentio install ? Any ideas

1 Like

Make site you are under community for Torrentio.

Hi Hg
I’m sure I looked in there also but nothing came up or am I doing something wrong ?