Stremio install tutorial

I know this has been discussed, but I am having a hard time following the stremio tutorial. It seems every other paragraph is a recommendation for installing IP Vanish. Sort of interrupts the thought process and is hard to pick up where you left off. Since Stremio is gaining in popularity, any chance of a video tutorial for old farts like me??

3 Likes

@umgawa1952

The tutorial is there, its just a constant reminder to use a vpn especially with stremio. Also in the guides you can click to get to the guide fast there is a column for that. One click boom to the tutorial, so you dont habe to scroll threw all of it.

4 Likes

My problem is IP Vanish. For me it’s utterly hopeless. Scores of sites know it’s there and block it. Everything from Sky, Now and my Own IPTV will not run with IP Vanish connected

Does anyone have a better IP cover to suggest

3 Likes

@Grenside

This is a separate issue, please see troys website for lots of vpns, also see the security category for more discussion on vpns go there sir.

4 Likes

The ‘guest login’ step would not work for me at all.
I had to install Stremio on a computer, establish an account, open Stremio on my Onn & firestick and type in a link generated to sign in on the Onn & Firestick.

Basically Miki guided me through this.

3 Likes

I agree with @umgawa1952, it is very distracting when when the worthless IP Vanish promotions/instructions are interdisbursed throughout the tutorial. It’s right up there when the pop-up ads that won’t close out show up in the middle of what you’re reading.

2 Likes

@richlibel65

Once again, there is a linked indexer you can go to to skip portions of that stuff.

@elginherd

Make a fake email and use it to sign in

7 Likes

I agree, it’s hard to follow most of these tutorials between the “Is it safe, is it legal” disclaimers and all the IPvanish ads. All I can suggest is to persevere and set Stremio up on a PC - much easier than trying it on a phone or fireTV device.

Guys, there is a table of contents page with links that automatically scroll down to where you want to be. The ads arent that bad, just close them. These disclaimers are there for a reason and important. Doesnt mean you have to get ipvanish just get a vpn, my point is you can use the tabe of content index to fast track.

Its okay yo disagree, im just pointing out a way to bypass it.

4 Likes

Basically, I did use a one-off email to sign up.

The nice thing about Stremio is that installing it on other devices is a snap after establishing an account.

3 Likes

That’s a real biggie in my situation - I’m programming and updating a dozen or more FireTV devices for friends and family!

5 Likes

I totally agree with you with Stremio defn use a VPN guys if not you will defn not like the ending result so I guess having those ads about Vpns an others is honestly just a good reminder because you defn don’t want everyone knowing any of your info or maybe even worse things could happen.

4 Likes

I sort of thought that was why the VPN ads were there and I most definitely use a VPN all the time. Since it appears Stremio is gaining in popularity, I still think a video tutorial would be nice since it is somewhat of a unique install. Of course that is easy for me to say since I am not the one making the video. But, you have to admit, The Crew and Seren add on videos really make things simple and they never expire. Thanks for all the great advice you and others offer.

2 Likes

Wish I had the video equipment to do a complete install and setup guide, cause it’s really easier than you think.

1 Like

Yes @Miki video would be great, but even a step by step written tutorial would be awesome

I.M.H.O… with all the free tutoring that visitors to this service get, they oughta quit “bitching” about a few adds… Personally, I have saved hundreds of dollars in tech support costs and migraine prescriptions over the years thanks to you experts and some ‘annoying’ ads on this site…keep up the good work @TP-Dracoo @Miki @TROYPOINT et.all…:+1:

3 Likes

Completely agree with this sentiment. If IP Vanish ads are what it takes to keep this excellent service going then fine. Would those who are complaining be willing to pay a subscription? I think not. Keep up the good work!

3 Likes

Look….I was not “bitching” about the VPN ads at all!! The main point of my original string was to ask for a video tutorial because the VPN ads were a bit disruptive trying to follow the installation instructions. There is no one out there that appreciates Troypoint more than me and the hundreds of seniors in my community. I was offering a suggestion plain and simple.

4 Likes

Installing first on my computer was the best way for me as well

3 Likes

IP Vanish did not work for me in circumventing the geo fence that UK tv stations put up.
I tried most of the others with no luck and found that Nord works well for me in accessing UK tv stations - also, their customer service is excellent and you can probably haggle a three year deal from them for under $90

2 Likes