Stremio Error While Using Nvidia Shield TV Pro

I’ve spent the day setting up a new streaming device. The Nvidia Shield TV Pro. So far, so good, although while using Stremio I get an error and the playback of the video stops. “Switching to LibVLC due to playback error” Has anyone experienced this or know what causes it?

Are you trying to play it through VLC instead of the built in player?

No! By default, it’s the internal player that is in use. After the error appears, it attempts to play in VLC.

2 Likes

Was just searching online for that but not finding a ton. Some people mentioned to make sure caching is disabled. Someone else mentioned tunneled playback. Ill keep looking.

Not sure if this will help at all, but has some basic Stremio troubleshooting ideas. Stremio App: Troubleshooting Tips for Hassle-Free Streaming
Maybe it will trip a better idea than I have given you to fix the problem lol.

Any advice or recommendations are always appreciated. I’ve had zero problems with Stremio on my Firestick, Mobile Phone and PC.
Due to the error listing VLC in the text, I uninstalled VLC Player to see if by chance it was interfering with Stremio and thus far, no issues. A strange one, but as this is my first time using an Nvidia for streaming, I’m pretty sure there will be few episodes of fault-finding, error solving and trial and errors within the settings.

1 Like

I have never had issues at all with Stremio on my Shield Pro (or really any of my boxes for that matter), so this was a head scratcher. So uninstalling VLC fixed the issue?

Uninstalling VLC seems to have resolved it…yes! Not sure why an idle App would be interfering with Stremio at all, I didn’t make any changes to the internal player settings.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.