Storage device on the onn box

With the onn box you are able to increase storage. Is it possible by using the storage feature to put previous downloaded programming there and then use it with the Plex app instead of storing on your computer?

1 Like

Hello, welcome to the TROYPOINT Insider. Please read the rules and regulations prior to posting another topic. Thank you.

Please use our search function regarding this further.

Also this topic/issue/problem/ or common thing as been discussed a lot and there is many topics on this, please use our search regarding this further. Making the same topics on info that’s already posted is against our rules. Old topics are available to post as they are not locked, our search would bring this up. Thank you for understanding.

Although it may be possible, I wouldnt recommend using the Onn box as a Plex server. Using a dedicated computer is the best way, in my opinion. It takes quite a bit of cpu processing and resources to make sure your Plex function properly through the stand alone apps. It might be worth the experiment for lower quality movies just to see, but that is a lot of stress to put on a $20 box.

If you’re just asking about stuff on your expanded storage, you’ll probably be able to play your shows using Kodi, VLC, MX player or any other media player available from the play store.

AMD is correct about using the ONN as a server for remote clients, don’t… although you could more than likely use the Plex app to play the file locally.

I am trying to complete the installation of the on box per Troy instructive video. I am stuck at installing the San drive. I reformatted it and plugged it into the cable but it is not being recognized…… suggestions? Also if I understand correctly, … if I install my downloaded programming, that is now on my computer, onto the Sandisk, I will be able to access it via an MX Player on the On Box