Startmail will not stop

I started a 7 day subscription to STARTMAIL but decided on the FIRST DAY that I did not need it. I contacted them IMMEDIATELY (within 5 hours to cancel). I wrote to them and received replies (3 times) HOWEVER, they went ahead and charged my account REGARDLESS of the emails and their 7 day cancellation. VERY UNHAPPY!!!

3 Likes

contact your credit card or bank and report

1 Like

This is a matter you need to take up with them not us.

1 Like

thanks Ken for warning about this

1 Like

Thank you Ken for letting us know.
Let please follow up if / how this gets resolved.

I have had nothing but a good experience with there tech support so far. I think they will honor your refund. Just might take a bit. As I have provided tech support for alot of large companies I understand that things get sent to incorrect departments.(Not great communication between different departments.) Accounting is a completely different beast.

Cheers

Agree StartMail is not what Troy has stated it is. They do not respond to issues with their service. They make a claim that you can migrate emails and Contacts to your new Startmail account. Well emails do come over, but never any Contacts. With two different emails, no Contacts were ever migrated to the StartMail account. And they have not replied for help.
StartMail is a very questionable service that is very suspect. I will also be cancelling as the service does not do what Troy and their website states.
I will notify my credit card company and cancel as a fraud service.

Be aware of StartMail and what they claim to provide.

3 Likes

I think it is good of him to pass on his experience of an advertised product on this forum. He is not asking this forum to resolve it.

Therefore it is a matter for forum readers.

1 Like

hello everyone i do’t know where to go to make reply or new topic. I was reading about Real-debrid privacy i tried to follow instructions, but the thing that is not mentioned or confusing, do we have to use start mail to do the privacy? i have been with real-debrid for yrs and i use gmail how do i do the privacy thing with my gmail?

Thanks for the heads up I was seriously considering trying them

Hi, I’m considering smart mail. But the 1st 2 posts I’ve read are yours and the negative one, that really had a bad experience. It’s Dec30th, seems you’ve had the service since may. Is that correct? And what’s ur feeling up to now?

I will take your comments under consideration. Thanks for ur input. But I’ll also get more input. I like to go w/the percentages. If you got the short straw but 10 others got a good experience, oh well then, but if that % is the other way around , then there’s my decision. Again, TY, that’s why I like this forum, positive n negative input helps us make wise decisions. Happy NY, to you n urs :grinning: :hugs: :hugs:

I’m evaluating whether or not to go w/them I’ve read some +'s and -'s, my jury is till out. help me out, did migration of all emails and contacts go thru for you? and why did u decide you didn’t need them? I really hate Gmail/Google data collection !!!

Continuing the discussion from Startmail will not stop:

The issue was resolved………by AMERICAN EXPRESS!!! I disputed the charge and they took it off my account! That being said, there are TWO emails with SIMILAR names……
START MAIL and SMART MAIL. I have tried them both and was unsatisfied with both. I’m using the Apple mail and Google mail and it may not have some bells and whistles however it serves its purpose!

Create TopicClose

Yeah free trials are usually like this unfortunately that’s why most require your payment information to even get free trial to begin with. Nothing is free that’s a marketing scam for corporations and businesses because they let you go once they get your money and then magically cancelation goes through and they don’t give refunds either.

I wish I would have come across this thread sooner. I signed up for it 3 days ago and found it impossible to get it to do anything without endless codes. I gave up on it as well and contacted them within 8 hours but never heard back from them. I guess I’m going to have to wait until the charge hits my card and dispute it. I’m not blaming Troy, I should have done my research.

I’m still considering it but judging from these recent comments, I’m very timid on it. Wish Troypoint would comment on this, because I really trust his referrals, but this mail seems to be an epic fail. Troypoint ??? any comments bruh ???

I signed up on Troypoints recommendation and it seems to be good after 6 months of so. It does not work well with Nord VPN. It froze up my system, I could not respond to email, thank God I still had GMail to fall back on.