Star Trek Discovery

Star Trek Discovery is returning April 4th.

8 Likes

Never was a fan. Not knocking the show, it just didn’t grab me. I’m anticipating the return of Star Trek Strange New Worlds.

6 Likes

I’m waiting for the Star Trek Strange New Worlds also but this time no singing Klingons. The next one will probably be that section 31 movie. And then it should turn into a series. Star Trek’s lasted a long time.

1 Like

1 Like

Yea Discovery held my attention for the first 2 seasons,enjoyed the Michelle Yeoh character,but I lost interest about half way through season 3.Haven’t even watched season 4.

Strange New Worlds I really like and can’t wait for another season.

Picard season 3 was awesome.

3 Likes

Hey @teehar good day my friend. I’ve been a trekkie since it first started and loved all the different spin offs and movies. Cried when Spock died. Just an old softy. But I watched 3 episodes of Picard and never watched any more. For me his acting sucked and so did the storyline. Trek has gone flat IMHO and needs a restart somehow. It’s lost it’s creativity and originality for me. Keeping my fingers crossed for something that will actually inspire me to watch.

1 Like

The first season of Star Trek Picard was very slow. But halfway through the second season and third season it picked up had some action made up for it. That’s a different storyline that’s how they’re playing it now.

2 Likes

I don’t often make recommendations but…Season 3 of Picard rekindled my love of Star Trek.You should give it a go.No need to have watched any of the past seasons imo.

2 Likes

Well I will @teehar . If you recommend it then I’ll give it an honest watch and see if it redeems Trek for me. thank you.

1 Like

Star Trek deep space nine, and Star Trek Voyager had some pretty good battles. The next generation Star Trek have very little. I’m speaking of the series not the movies.

2 Likes

Roddenberry tied in lessons of morality or just plain stuff that made you think about larger things. Need some version of that. Maybe some more sexy green alien woman for us old guys (though it could never beat that image for a 14 year old haha).

2 Likes

What an awful TV program. WOKE, WOKE and MORE WOKE.

4 Likes

It was friggin fantastic. Excellent story and well written. I’m Canadian and haven’t a clue what Woke is and don’t care. I loved this return to Discovery and look forward to the next installment and to see where this story line takes us regarding the creation of life. Cool.

2 Likes

I find Star Trek discovery is one of those shows that you turn on the TV just to have it on so you can read your tablet.

I love turning it on, getting into the story line, amazing special effects and great acting and next thing ya know an hour has gone by. Awesome.

Alien Fart

2 Likes

This week’s episode did finally get a little interesting!

A potentially good Trek show that went 'woke" early in the first season. That ended it for me. At least SNW and Picard stick more to the original premises.

2 Likes

Guess I’m one of the lucky ones as I enjoy it for the pure entertainment, story line, excellent acting and amazing special affects and to top it off I haven’t a clue what this “woke” garbage even means and don’t care. Have fun and STREAM ON!!!.

1 Like