Sonos Appears to Be Working on their Own Streaming Device

Originally published at: https://troypoint.com/sonos-streaming-device/

Sonos, the renowned audio brand, is rumored to be working on creating an exciting new streaming device, similar to popular Android TV Boxes used by millions. This device, code-named “Pinewood,” will operate on its own Android-based operating system, making it a unique addition to the Sonos family. When paired with Sonos home speakers, the device…

1 Like

Sonos is rumored to release a new Android-based TV streaming box in 2024 | AFTVnews

This might even be competition for the Shields? I already have a Sonos soundbar. So, this has my attention.

2 Likes

Yeppers. Sonos makes great products…kinda Bose…ish

2 Likes

Something tells me this box if it ever arrives will/might be a new era in streaming with a heavy dose of AI thrown in.

2 Likes

Hope it’s not Boseish, I’ve had both & Sonos is a far better product than Bose.

1 Like

I wish somebody would come out with a player that records by the name of the show not by date and time. In other words it doesn’t matter what time the show comes on during the day it recorded by its name.

1 Like

Tablo does that for ota recording and ChannelsDVR does it for everything

True but not one touch record.

What to expect from Sonos in 2024 – headphones, new Arc and a big surprise | What Hi-Fi?

1 Like

Sonos secretly plots to challenge Roku, Fire TV and Apple TV
https://www.gbnews.com/tech/streaming/sonos-streaming-box-wireless-soundbars

1 Like

Sure is an interesting read, but for me completely lacking in solid answers. Where will these be made? Do they have good customer service? From what I’ve read their products are pretty high end. I’d be curious on hearing from those who have had personal experience with their products. As always tx @TXRon . Love reading the tidbits you find. Have a happy new year my friend. :confetti_ball::fireworks::clinking_glasses:

I bought one of their soundbars several months ago. It was easy to set up and the sound quality is outstanding. I got the arc soundbar and sub. I got lucky and was able to get an open box for a substantial savings!

I plan on adding the Era 300 down the road. That is what is nice about this product. You can build it out as you need.

Maybe I will check BB in a couple of weeks for an open box Christmas return deal. Although, the best time to go hunting for open box tech is after the Supe Bowl week.

1 Like

Sonos Is Reportedly Releasing a New Android TV Streaming Box This Year | Cord Cutters News

Tx for the updated article @TXRon

I’m curious as to how many Troypoint viewers are interested in purchasing the new Sonos Box when it arrives?
I plan to make that purchase!

1 Like

I will definitely give this a try, i have a sonos sound bar and surround speakers and really like them , excellent quality. A andriod box would be fantastic!

I would certainly consider it, but being in this hobby for a while, I’ve grown cautious on being first in line. I am going to wait to hear what genuine customer reviews are before spending my limited funds. Sonos is well known for high end and high quality products with a price to match.

1 Like