Smarters Pro IPTV won't connect when Surfshark VPN is on

I switched to Surfshark 4 weeks ago and it works beautifully … All of a sudden, my Smarters Pro IPTV started only connecting when the VPN is OFF. When the vpn is on, it’s unable to find the server. I’m using an ONN streaming box and I believe it received an update just prior this this issue starting … any ideas out there ???

2 Likes

Are the latest updates installed for Surfshark? VPN vendors are constantly updating.

1 Like

Try putting in an additional user (I believe that’s how it’s worded) m3u8 like
https://i.mjh.nz/PlutoTV/us.m3u8 in it & see it that loads up with your vpn on.

1 Like

Just checked and it says I’m using the latest ver. of Surfshark 2.8.1.8 I’ve chatted with the Smarters Pro support and they had me uninstall the IPTV and then re-install it with the VPN ON … installed fine but still wouldn’t connect to their servers to update the EPG

I am having the same problem with ipVANISH… it used to work… unfortunately I am running my IPTV without any vpn… I have tried to find a solution here for this but nothing under IPvanish… just wondering if any other users here are having the same issue… thanks

Update 9/30/22 ********
Just wanted to update all on my issue********
I ran an update on IPvanish and all seems to be running well again…thanks everybody…

You stated the IPTV service operates with VPN off. VPNs and unverified IPTV service compatibility always presents a challenge. You are not alone. What works one day can change the next.

When I have connection problems, I look for the best combination of:.

1.) Country - Canada/USA
2.) Protocol - OpenVPN/Wireguard
3.) Server priority - Speed/Latency

Good luck. I know its frustrating.

1 Like

Thanks Steve … I appreciate your input. I might switch out the ONN and just use an Amazon Firestick and see how that goes … it might isolate the ONN as the source of the problem :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Another thing you can try is to reboot the ONN & SS…if nothing…add router to the mix. I also have an ONN (fully updated) running SS & have no problems…but I’m using Tivimate instead of Smarters.

I appreciate your input with this crazy issue :slight_smile: The strange part is that everything was working in total harmony for a few weeks after I switched to SS. Then out of the blue, this issue starts. I’ve confirmed that the ONN has the latest updates, and so does SS so I’ll uninstall both again and try installing in different order and/or with vpn switched on or off … might just be some crazy combination that I’ll have to stumble on … I WILL post my solution once I find it

1 Like

Hi ,

I concur with what u are saying and I have done exactly the same combination as you follow…
all with a failed result… I will keep looking further to see if this can get resolved… thanks for the info!!!

Having the same issue using PureVPN with both Smarters and TiviMate. One of my providers has their one IPTV app and it works fine with the VPN

I have 4 paid IPTV services and using ProtonVPN I have no connection issues at all. Perhaps try Proton Free, it’s top rated as the best honestly free VPN. Yes servers and countries are limited but maybe worth a try.

1 Like

I’m not sure if this helps but I’m using surfshark version 2.8.1.8 and IPTV Smarters version 2.2.2.3 and it works fine.

1 Like

I think there were some ddos attacks on iptv services through their epgs. Some services disabled their epg updates. Actually asked clients to change settings on their player so epg does not update.

Might be a totally different problem than your experiencing but I thought I’d throw it out there.

1 Like

I have three iptv services, all work fine with vpn but one I have to delete cache in vpn and tivimate for it to work with vpn. don’t know why.

I have had issues with Smarters now using Phantom Blue no issues.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.