Skeleton Crew v1.2 Build

wishful thinking :joy: …extra dots to meet posting requirement

3 Likes

Looks good @Jayhawks659! Checked it out myself and wrote an article - https://troypoint.com/skeleton-crew-kodi-build/

7 Likes

Thank you very much!

3 Likes

You may want to update the article to let people know that this build is specifically meant for real debrid users. The widgets on the home screen are configured to use the crew. And most of the providers for free sources are screened out. So anyone who tries to use this build is going to think it’s garbage without real debrid. Homelander and Nightwing will still pull the free sources but those apps aren’t configured with the widgets on the home screen.

4 Likes

Greetings all,

I have The Crew installed on my Shield. I read the instructions on how to install Skeleton Crew add-on & have a few questions

• Since i have The Crew installed, do i need to uninstall it before installing The Skeleton Crew?

• I have Kodi 19.4 installed - i noticed that the person who made the instructions had 19.3 version. I only noticed for 19.4 ‘Crew TV’. Do i install that or the 19.3 option??

Any other suggestions/instructions very much appreciated.

TIA!

1 Like

I downloaded skeleton build today but how do I activate real Debrid on the build?

The same way you normally do. Follow the instructions. Watch the video.

1 Like

I followed the video and did not see anything about real-debrid.

19.3 or 19.4 won’t matter as long as it’s a matrix (19.x) version of Kodi. I actually made this on 19.4 but the crew developers didn’t update it in the wizard.

When you install it you should do a fresh install, meaning all your old data will be deleted. If you don’t write over your data then it shouldn’t be a problem. This build will just update the crew to the most recent version and change the settings in it.

3 Likes

In the settings submenu there’s a shortcut to ResolveURL settings. Go to the second or third tab and you’ll see the section for real debrid authorization. If you’ve never done this before search on Troypoint for real debrid authorization in Kodi. There’s a guide there.

3 Likes

Ok thanks got RD logged into @Jayhawks659….I’m getting sources now but no premium (RD) sources…ugh

1 Like

Thx for the quick reply - i notice that when i start up Kodi, it says there are add-ons available. Does not The Crew add-on install the latest version when you chose to update it? If i still have to follow the guidelines listed, i chose The Skeleton Crew - fresh install? I imagine i’d have to reinstall RD & Trakt on that build correct?

Also, i have a IPTV provider & live in Canada - is the live TV add-on worthwhile - iow, are all the channels US (doesn’t matter if they are - i watch mostly US TV) How many channels are there? I am more interested in sports which The Crew still has going strong - i realize the IPTV section is not (unfortunately!)

Again, TIA

1 Like

If you are seeing a long list of sources now they are all premium. Without RD authorized I only got a handful of 720p streams for most newer movies. Just different the way they show up in the list.

Addons available, or updates available? You’d have to take a picture of the specific message for me to know what you’re talking about. If you installed the skeleton build whenever you launch Kodi it will give you a message that it IS updating your lists and PVR. The Crew is the latest version and it will update in the build automatically.

If you subscribe to an IPTV provider use Tivimate premium. Don’t even waste your time with Kodi.

3 Likes

Add-ons available. When i start Kodi up, there is, in the top right corner, a list of channels being updated it looks like. It goes so fast i can’t really read much of what’s going on - lol.

I do use TiviMate premium but i also love Kodi because the IPTV doesn’t have catchup & recording can be iffy so Kodi is the perfect combination with IPTV because you can watch all your shows WITHOUT COMMERCIALS (woohoo). The only thing i watch with commercials is news & sports, can’t get around it.

I really, really appreciate Kodi - the creators of the app, builds & add-ons deserve alot of thanks for how well everything works (well, most of the time, hehehe)

im using the live tv section now and its running smooth. Give it a try to see if you like it. Thats the only way you’ll know for sure if its worth it. Everyone is different. Hope you find what you need on there. P.S. I did see a few Canadian sections on there . Best of luck.

1 Like

Awesome build!! For me here in the UK, Sports is very important to me and UK sports work a treat.
Thanks for all yoir hard work.

1 Like

Hey JayHawk, experienced Kodi user here.
This is a great build in general and I’m definitely not a build fan. As it stands right now, this is probably the 2nd best bet for beginners or Kodi-ites who don’t enjoy the barebones Kodi UI & fiddling with adding & deleting add-ons that I’ve tried…

A few items that would make things simpler for the inexperienced.
-‘resolve url’ is not listed in the list generated if the settings tab is clicked. It’d be nice if that was there also.
-It’s unclear to me if the debrid settings are supposed to apply to all the addons in the build. It definitely applied to The Crew, but it seems that it didn’t for Homelander or Nightwing (can’t remeber which) when experimenting too late into the night. I went ahead and enabled RD in the individual addons.
-I didn’t see the comforting ‘real debrid authorised’ indicator flash on my screen after authorizing it from the settings menu nor from the individual addons. That would be nice.
-Seren doesn’t load at all. (Onn cheapie with adoptable storage) Seren has been troublesome for me for the last number of weeks anyway, so I deleted the Seren addon awhile back.
-Under the power menu…does ‘exit’ work at all?
I let it sit for 5+ minutes and then just went to the Onn settings & force stopped it.
-It would be helpful if a simple maintenance addon was included to be accessed through the home screen.

1 Like

ResolveURL has a shortcut in the submenu of the settings tab. Did you miss it?

Even with the stock Estuary skin I frequently have problems with Kodi closing. I don’t think this is a fixable issue. I use background apps and processes app to force close it when needed.

I am going to work on fixing the Seren issue and ask the crew developers to update it in the repo.

Real Debrid authorization always has to be separate within Seren. I don’t know why that addon is different. As for Homelander and Nightwing, other users reported that real debrid does integrate with them by using the ResolveURL shortcut.

5 Likes

The crew wizard maintenance settings are preconfigured but no shortcuts to the settings. Most beginner users have no idea what they are doing, so I chose not to include it. If you want to make a shortcut for your personal use you are able to through the skin settings.

3 Likes