Sideloading apps on Android 11 O/S

I have recently seen a post by a seller of one of the X96 boxes with the Android 11 operating system. In it, the seller mentions the inability to download some apps off google play and chrome due to “copyright issues”. This seller recommends sideloading apps with APK Pure or Aptoide TV to avoid the problem. Any ideas out there on this?

APK Pure is a reputable site. Aptoide is a library like Google Play and Amazon playstore. Both are reputable and safe imho.
On my 4K Max I have 3 apps for all my streaming needs.
TiViMate premium
Stremio with Real-Debrid
Kodi with only the Mad Titan and Open Wizard add-ons.

1 Like

There is issues with google play store and android versions below 12 and 11 currently has compatibility issues with the play store… google is becoming a issue in some regards to android boxes with “un licensed” versions sort of speak. Your best chance is apk pure they have a downloader app which you can put on your box.

There is different versions of the play store i believe to. But honestly depends on what you are trying to do. Cutting the cord? You only need an iptv app, movies and tv shows? Kodi weyd syncler would be all you need so you dont need the play store at all to get 5 apps for all your viewing needs. All you need is the RAI

3 Likes

Hey Dracoo…is there actually an APK downloader app for android tv…not just android? I’ve downloaded a couple & they both seem to be for phones. TIA…

1 Like

I agree. Strange enough, all my devices are android 9 but I still don’t have any app download problems on google play store. Nevertheless, I still side load some apps with apk pure and aptoide tv to a lesser extent. The Troypoint apk store is also a very nice source for apps and I am sure I speak for other Troypoint members regarding the great job being done in maintaining and upgrading these apps. I find apart from my iptv service and vpn, the only apps I use are Tivimate, Analiti, SD Maid, Aida 64, Downloader and a volume booster.

@pangaeatech

I’m not sure, i believe the apk downloader app will work on android tv

1 Like

Copy…it does work…it’s just not a true android tv app as far as easy remote navigation…no biggie I have a mini-keyboard…thnx

2 Likes

something im investigating as I prepare to install lineage os on an onn box and basically do away with google entirely is Gapps. I feel its something that is way over due and im so tired of tech giants tell us how we use our devices.
The Open GApps Project

2 Likes

Hey panger…

Also found using a floating keyboard & air-mouse is bettr for quik things, than the stock X96 has

Also can use “send anywhere” app to load things along with pure & toid

tryin to help

1 Like

Roger all that Sketch…I’ll check out the floating keyboard…use the SendFilesToTV app now but should probably check out the send anywhere one too…I know PF uses that one also. Thnx…appreciate ya’ :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

I’m still in the early stages of prepping to change my onn box from android to lineage os. That is where I discovered Gapps and from what I can tell it is a true open source attempt at google apps and the playstore. If successful its my plan to use this without and google input or need. I have not attempted to install gapps on anything yet…its a work in
progress…maybe Powerfader will install it 1st to check for any ghost :rofl: J/K

edit…while I was typing, Miki deleted his post :crazy_face:

Ya I did. Sorry. Just after going deeper into GApps and reading up on advanced features I discovered that this is to assist and automate a complete Google system apps setup. As you said, eliminating the need to access the Google playstore for apps. On the Ugoos I could see where this would be an excellent tool, but unfortunately mine is Amazon. :cry: :sob: :crying_cat_face:

1 Like

Take copious notes on all this so you can post an easy peasy “switcheroo for dummies”…& maybe I’ll even give it a shot. My onn backup box o/s looks just like my main box…so something different might be cool…yeah…that’s the ticket… :thinking: :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Which volume booster do you use?

1 Like

The one by Godev off Google Playstore. Works pretty well and easy to use when volume signal on what I’m watching is weak.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.