Side Loaded Apps disappeared from Fire TV

When I switched my Fire TV on this morning, I found that all of my sideloaded apps had been removed. The only apps remaining were apps downloaded from the Amazon App Store. I am still able to re-install them but is there any point if they are just going to be removed again. Has anyone else encountered this issue? My TV is a JVC Fire TV, over 2 years old, running Amazon version 7.2.7.9

This has been covered many times. They are probably still there but hidden. Go into your settings menu and then into apps to see if they show up there. You can also install sideload launcher which is just an app that will open a separate window that will then show you all of your apps.

4 Likes

Thank you for your reply. I did check apps on the settings menu but they were not there. I will give sideload launcher a try. I have had this issue before with my Onn box but never with a n Amazon device.

2 Likes

Update
Installed Sideload Launcher and the apps have definitely gone. Will try re-installing a couple of them and see what happens.

Did your OS update? Do you still have apps from unknown sources enabled?

OS update:- Don’t know
Unknown Sources:- Still enabled

Now my Firestick is trying to update and hope the same thing does not happen with it.

1 Like

Were the side loaded apps on an external USB drive? Sometimes apps can disappear from view if there is any connection issue with external memory.

2 Likes

Sorry for late reply. There was no external memory. I think the apps must have been removed during an overnight update I was not aware of. However, the side loaded apps I re-installed yesterday are still there today, so hopefully, all will be fine at least until next update.

2 Likes

Cinema HD was also removed from my Firestick. I checked all the apps and it was gone. I have an Insignia 55" Amazon enabled tv. Will try installing again and see what happens. Thanks for sharing. Nice to know I am not alone!!

I agreed with Jay, that’s what I do.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.