Shield Pro Gaming

I finally connected an old PS3 controller to my Shield Pro and started playing Asphalt 9. Goodbye productivity! I have to say this is a pretty sweet setup for completely free gaming! Lots of free games on there if you sign up for free Geforce Now and free Steam accounts.

2 Likes

…lets not forget about Tomb Raider, Arkham City, Half Life 2, and Borderlands!

Free is good and even better as they play well with the Shield hardware.

1 Like

Arkham City is next on my list to check out.

I have two controllers that came with the Pros when I bought the first 2 Shield models. One I have never used and sits in a box somewhere. The other controller is sitting in my nightstand, and I think I might have used it 3 or 4 times.

Tbh, playing those games looks interesting, but I just don’t seem to be able to stay interested in them long enough to appreciate them. I’m more of the Pong and Asteroids generation of game playing.

Pinball is the game I grew up with.

Pinball Wizard - Made with Clipchamp

1 Like

I think we’re showing our age. I tried gaming some time back, but honestly, my reflexes are not up to the competition. I’d have to research cheats just to get through a level. Seemed to me that cheating was a waste of time. I gave up. I love the graphics and special effects and I think the creators and coders are brilliant. The work that goes into these games must be huge.

I didn’t want to admit lack of eye-hand coordination and reflex speed…
Old man dancing
.cause I’m still a young stud in my prime.

Well, that’s my story and I’m sticking to it!

Ya sure got the swagger down pat. lol

1 Like

Pong and asteroids were two different generations.

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

You just need to find yourself a good, low curve RPG.

Who said pong :joy:… I was the King Pong until my dad got interested in it and ruined it just like when he became the banker in monopolie…always cheatin’ :face_with_monocle: :skull:

Used to play “Hangman” when I was in school.

1 Like

1 Like

Yeah, I think there are a lot of Android games on there also that are simpler to play. I like a lot of the puzzle games when just trying to relax. No timers, no one shooting at you, no complex button sequences, etc.

2 Likes

Puzzle games = Portal. Plays well on shield.

…if you like it, then Bridge Constructor Portal is really good.

1 Like

I have really no clue about the games or even what is available. I have played many puzzle type games and hidden object games on my laptop. Mostly, if I do play any games, I play all sort of solitaire games.

Is Portal on there for free? Man I can’t wait to get home now and look lol

I think the original Portal was removed when gamestream was axed.

Bridge Constructor Portal is there though. Can’t remember if it needs to mirror an install on Steam before playable.