Setup Onn for Streaming

There are many topics about Walmart’s Onn. Could someone point out the steps to jailbreak this streaming device? Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

No need to “jailbreak” anything to start streaming with an onn box. It will work just fine as long as you have internet.

1 Like

Hey hamm…

After u turn on Developr Options in settings (thats jailbreakng)

First step to side-loading is to get Downloader (AFTnews)…

From there youll dwnld TP rapid installer…

From there youll probly need Unlinked…
(thats where youll find all the apps for movies/shows, live tv)

More questns , come bck & ask
hth…

2 Likes

There is a tutorial to install ONN by Troy Point and I have posted a hard copy of what the tutorial states to install the ONN.

I cannot find the hard copy on the tutorial for One by TroyPoint. Please include the link if possible. Thank you.

1 Like

Walmart onn. Android TV Box Review - Pros & Cons of this $19 Streamer

TROYPOINT Rapid App Installer

3 Likes

Use search and enter Onn install
Sorry about not stating this before.

1 Like

@hammer

Its not that we don’t want to help you, its just its higly covered and readily available via search. There is videos and lots of advice.

1 Like

Hello @hammer this video should also help.

5 Likes

Thanks, just what I was looking for.

If you’re looking to change the launcher you’ll have to put the box into developer mode and enable USB Debugging . Other than that nothing needs to be done. Downloader App is in the play store and you can install the TP RA Installer . Good luck. By the way. I’ve worked with almost 50 of these boxes and swear by them . Just make sure to power the box off when not using it so it gets a chance to cool off and force close any apps that you’re not currently using to experience the best streaming . Good luck and have fun :tada::tada::tada:

1 Like

Make sure you watch and learn, I’ve added the extra storage… That is a HUGE Plus,and it is shown how to do. LOVE mine

1 Like

Thanks to everyone. I gather you would download Kodi and then launch RealDebrid as in the Firestick 4K?

1 Like

If that is what you like to stream off, sure go for it. Kodi is in the TP app. gl

1 Like

There is a sleep mode you can set.

1 Like

I set one up to mess with and our Grandson is using it. I bought OTG cables and have to expand the memory but he’s enjoying it. I put our service on and he’s liking the series part of it and has been using it everyday now

1 Like

Yes but this doesn’t power off the CPU.

Walmart doesn’t offer the Onn box in Canada :canada: So I bought one last time I was in the US :us:. Great little box. I highly recommend getting one to everyone even if just for a backup.

I wish they’d bring it to Canadian stores.

1 Like

I actually sent one * pre-customized* to my friend in Ontario . She loves it :+1:

2 Likes

You can plug it in the USB of the TV. I ran Onn like that for a while. Some members go crazy if you do this, didn’t bother the Onn.

1 Like