Set up for new fire stick

Have a fire stick that is new can not get it to update so I can log in and use it Amazon has not been able to help even if I bypass update it says can’t connect with my Amazon account any one got an idea have been trying for a year . I did get a replacement for it but would like to get it to work as an extra one

2 Likes

So are you saying that you cannot register the firestick to your account?

Have you tried this: Turn your Fire TV on and allow it to boot up as far as it can. Next, press and hold the BACK and RIGHT button on the Fire TV remote simultaneously for at least 15 seconds . What this does is cause the Fire TV to perform a factory reset.

I realize it says this is for a Fire TV, but the remotes are pretty much the same, so it might work?

2 Likes

Yes that’s how you activate the factory reset on a Firestick. I was going to suggest just that, but was waiting for a reply from the OP before making a suggestion.

Tried that once it says unable to update you can not do anything have bypass update still can’t

Please review this for all firestick issues and guides, if the following hasn’t worked feel free to ask.

This should resolve most to all issues.

1 Like

Thanks for the info was able to bypass update.could on sign in will not connect to my account Amazon was no help guess this stick is just going to work

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.